how many 1 ghz preorders are left? and who has one coming !

#124... so close to 123, gorramit!

Still, the box is sexy. Not half as sexy as a Pandora running at 1.2Ghz and all those little tolerable, but slightly irritating moments of slowdown from the old Pandora gone in an instant, though. Issa nice!

Remember that not all the queue positions are filled, there are about 20 which were either never paid or were cancelled.

That said, there were *three* orders for three units too!

Remember that not all the queue positions are filled, there are about 20 which were either never paid or were cancelled.

That said, there were *three* orders for three units too!

Thanks for the update, Craig.....it would be nice to know periodically up to what queue number has shipped....would reduce the amount of posts wondering.....just a thought.....

Thanks!

:)

BTW anyone who having cosmetic damage?

I heard from two Japanese user who bought 1GHz unit from Craig and ED.

From Craig.

1. Woody box is heavily damaged.

2. Pandora has so many cosmetic damaged.

3. AC adapter come with wrong plug(not suitable for JP/US plug) can't use it

From ED.

1. Woody box is ok.

2. Pandora has so many cosmetic damaged made by AC plug.

They said really so sad about this situation especially who upgrade from first batch.

Most of problem is seems there is no Air Packing Materials inside.

I strongly recommended to use Bubble wrap to protect Pandora from damage.

Mine(#99) is not shipped yet but I really don't want to be like that. :(

So please use Bubble wrap inside.

Woody box is great I also want it for this special unit but velvet is not enough as a cushion.

From Craig.

From ED.

1. Woody box is ok.

They said really so sad about this situation especially who upgrade from first batch.

Woody box is great I also want it for this special unit but velvet is not enough as a cushion.

If the box has been damaged I'd be suprised if it had anything to do with us, the wooden box is placed in a cardboard box and surrounded by packaging, it's visible in several of the unboxing videos, plus the wooden box is obviously far more solid than the old cardboard one, we tried dropping the wooden box with the Pandora in it to make sure it would survive at lease one big impact alone and it did.

If the Pandora is also heavily damaged then I can only imagine the whole package suffered some sort of catastrophic impact in transit, but we have not been contacted about this, could you give more details?

Last edited by a moderator:

From Craig.

From ED.

1. Woody box is ok.

If the box has been damaged I'd be suprised if it had anything to do with us, the wooden box is placed in a cardboard box and surrounded by packaging, it's visible in several of the unboxing videos, plus the wooden box is obviously far more solid than the old cardboard one, we tried dropping the wooden box with the Pandora in it to make sure it would survive at lease one big impact alone and it did.

If the Pandora is also heavily damaged then I can only imagine the whole package suffered some sort of catastrophic impact in transit, but we have not been contacted about this, could you give more details?

Yes I also saw that unboxing video but that also seems no air packing material inside(not outside between wooden case and package.

I think that is seems okay for me, worries thing is there is no air packing inside(I think just cover pandora by air wrap is enough)

Well I just heard from other Pandorian who live in Japan.

They reported as like that.

Coz. one of guy report wooden box is totally broken.

Anyway I'll ask him more detail about that situation and let you know.

A thin layer of bubble/air-wrap between the pandora and wooden case could perhaps be an option when shipping over larger distances like Japan.

Could also be that someone along the shipping line just felt like playing football with the boxes, but yeah, that should at least help a little bit, even though it may not look as nice when you open it up for your first time.

From Craig.

From ED.

1. Woody box is ok.

Hi

I got reply from him regarding about wooden box.

Actually he said not totally broken but hinge was broken.

Also regarding about cosmetic damage on Pandora, I got picture from other guy who ordered from ED.

A thin layer of bubble/air-wrap between the pandora and wooden case could perhaps be an option when shipping over larger distances like Japan.

Could also be that someone along the shipping line just felt like playing football with the boxes, but yeah, that should at least help a little bit, even though it may not look as nice when you open it up for your first time.

Thanks NLS

Yeah true even bit not looks nice but better than become like this pic.

They said really disappointed about this happen.

Coz. this is their first Pandora.

The box itself is neat and all - but the individual components really need to be separated so they don't knock and rub against each other during transport. Simply putting a layer of the velvet between the Pandora and the components piled in on top of it would probably go a long way toward that.

When shipping something, expect it to be shaken continuously for several hours along any single random axis (truck transport), subjected to zero gravity followed by 10g stops (thrown, conveyor drops, etc...), landed on by boxes weighing upwards of 100 kilos dropped from heights of two meters and subjected to temperature extremes between -20 to 70C and potentially getting peed on by the customs inspection dog.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I had it shipped air mail. It may take a bit longer, but I've had some real bad experience with how UPS treats my stuff.

Back