How Long Is It Supposed To Take To Flash?

I'm currently flashing my gp2x f100 to from 3.0 firmware 4.0 and its been saying its been patching for the past half hour, is that normal?

Squidge said:
nope

Why did you upgrade though?
Sheer boredom, lovely. So its pretty much either wait for the batteries to run out, or just turn it off correct?

novaslogic said:
Squidge said:
nope

Why did you upgrade though?
Sheer boredom, lovely. So its pretty much either wait for the batteries to run out, or just turn it off correct?

Well, I turned it off, turned it back on. Good news is that I get a GPH screen, then it says loading firmware v4. Unfortunatly, either the batteries are dead or it crashes. Either way I can fix it. Thanks for the help.

edit:

Yup, I fixed it, go me. I know.. stupid idea to upgrade but hell.. I really had nothing better to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a "first edition" GP2X and have had it about 3 years. Call me a n00b, but I'm experiencing the same problem; but when I try to reflash back to 3.0.0, I just get stuck at the GPH screen. If I don't hold down select+start, then it proceeds on to the Firmware V4 screen, followed by the "Now Patching" screen; even with a 3.0.0 SD card in. WTF? How can I get back to a usable 2X? Somebody? Anybody?

--NEXT DAY EDIT--

It appears that a PNY 1Gb card is GREAT for storage, but fails miserably at upgrading firmware. I put a Kingmax 64Mb MicroSD (with SD adapter, of course) in and it blew through the NAND blanker, the 3.0.0, 4.0.0, and 4.1.0 firmwares (in that order) all in a matter of minutes!

Back