How Likely Is It That A Blu Won't Clock To 166?

HXC

Still Fresh
Hey again =P

And, just as the title says: How likely is it that a Blu won't clock to 166?

sam fisher posted on Feb 17 2005 at 09:14 AM said:
quite high that it won't.

Really? Oh damn. I'll never be able to get a Blu that does it....I might have to go Blu+

Last edited by a moderator:
Er, AFAIK, a BLU+ has *exactly* the same same chance of clocking to 166mhz as the old BLU. It's the same machine, apart from the LCD. "BLU+" is just a name the scene made up to differentiate the newer units with different LCDs.

As to your original question, I've heard "stats" of 40-60% will go to 166mhz. Mine does.

EDIT TO ADD: even if it won't reach 166, it's very likely it can hit 150-156mhz, which is plenty fast for most things people run.

They are not the same. The Blu+ has the worst overclocking ability of them all, so bad infact that we are considering only offering 160mhz soon.

The best overclocking ability is the original GP32 Non lit unit, its not uncommon for those to get into the 200mhz. With the new BLU+ I don't think i've seen one which can go above 166mhz and be stable.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Forgive me, but I thought one of the selling points of the BLU besides the back lit screen was the fact that it was a 166 mhz unit, was I wrong?

Anyway, my GP32 Blu (not +) can do it.

Captainbubby posted on Feb 17 2005 at 01:25 PM said:
Forgive me, but I thought one of the selling points of the BLU besides the back lit screen was the fact that it was a 166 mhz unit, was I wrong?

Anyway, my GP32 Blu (not +) can do it.

133mhz, actually. GBAX test the units, to determine which actually go to 166, and then sell them as 166 quaranteed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back