Need Help With My New Blu

H

hughes051

Hello Need help with my new blu. I have just got my new blu this morning and I cannot believe how much better it is than my old flu. This new unit runs at 166 and it play`s all the games/emulators a lot better Inc the snes. Anyway my question is my gp32 has the Play/link screen and my old flu had the browser version now I have copy some other apps across to my new blu and it works great but what I need to know is how can I run other apps like the over clock tester .fxe as it`s do not show up in the menu. The menu only displays the emulators e.t.c. And not the clock tester fxe is there away I can track it down and run it so I can test this blu.
Thx

I hope I have posted this sin the correct forum

As long as you put the fxe files in the gpmm directory they should all appear in the launcher.
Some gxb files may not so I use Slubmans launcher to launch those. You could also download other launchers from the archive that let you browse your SMC if you don't like putting your fxe files in gpmm I guess. But I seriously don't have this problem so I don't know which ones to recommend.

Hmm, maybe you have copied them to the wrong folder?

As a side node:
I would recommend you doing a bios flash and either flash with Aquafish`s Multifirmware or Slubman`s fw. (Inform yourself before flashing, it can kill you gp32!)

You get better file browsers/managers with this, as I think that the standard fw sucks.
Oh, and the PCLink thingies are built in (don`t know what they all are, I use a cardreader)

Iorgy77 posted on Apr 6 2005 at 11:59 AM said:
As long as you put the fxe files in the gpmm directory they should all appear in the launcher.
Some gxb files may not so I use Slubmans launcher to launch those. You could also download other launchers from the archive that let you browse your SMC if you don't like putting your fxe files in gpmm I guess. But I seriously don't have this problem so I don't know which ones to recommend.

I don`t realy know what i am doing about flashing my gp32 as the old rule of thumb is( if it not broken don`t fix it) But i belive there is a util that i can test the browers with out flashing? is this correct

Last edited by a moderator:
hughes051 posted on Apr 6 2005 at 11:12 AM said:
Iorgy77 posted on Apr 6 2005 at 11:59 AM said:

I don`t realy know what i am doing about flashing my gp32 as the old rule of thumb is( if it not broken don`t fix it) But i belive there is a util that i can test the browers with out flashing? is this correct

Well, the launchers I speak of are fxe files and don't require flashing your firmware. Are you sure you are placing all your fxe files in gpmm?

hughes051 posted on Apr 6 2005 at 12:12 PM said:
I don`t realy know what i am doing about flashing my gp32 as the old rule of thumb is( if it not broken don`t fix it)

Since when are you taking rules so serious? :D

No, really, if your afraid of flashing, just watch out to use fresh batteries and nothing can go wrong (atleast when your not switching the gp32 off by yourself during the process)

But, yes, you can use the launcher/explorer seperate. I don`t know the link, but I think it is in EvilDragons archive (gp32x.de).

Back