How I Can I Set Pollux With A Emulator

renejr902

Website
Visit site
How i can i set pollux with a emulator ? i just learned that a pollux thing can help to got some fps i hope it cant remove tearing too.

i did several search but cant find any useful information.

some people said they used pollux in snes emulator. How i can do that.

If possible i will use it for nes emulator too.

thanks for help.

I think he means how do you use the utility that sets the Pollux display timings to reduce tearing.

I know it was some confusing script (for us non-coder linux junkie types) that you had to enter.

So DaveC is it possible, i read that on other tread : Thanks for answer and sorry for confusion !

¿Are you using the HeadoverHells' Pocket SNES? I get much better results than you at 800 Mhz with transparencies on.

Examples (all with transparencies ON and Advances sound hack ON, using Pocket SNES FAST version and pollux):

Super Mario Kart (E): 34-37FPS
F-Zero (E): 36-38 FPS
Chrono trigger: Fullspeed
Secret of mana: Fullspeed

i think 90% of games must run at 60fps with trnasparency off
I think that about 90% of games run fullspeed with transparencies ON. Be sure to use the Headoverhells SNES hack.

Ah! And dont forget to use pollux with new RAM and LCD timings. You will gain some extra FPS.

F-Zero (E) with transparencies OFF: 49-51FPS (fullspeed)

This post has been edited by Laureado: Yesterday, 02:32 PM

ok i thing i got it. You really gain much more fps in snes emu.

i wrote this script in a file i call pocketsnes3.gpe:

#!/bin/sh

./pollux_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;dpc_clkdiv0=9;cpuclk=800;ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
./pocketsnes_fast $*

cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

i modified the file from neo geo emulator with notepad. you cant modify it with wordpad.

WHY NO FAQ EXPLAIN THIS CLEARLY, HE COULD BE VERY USEFUL FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE. YOU GAIN A LOT OF SPEED. I hope ram timings are not dangerous ? isnt ?

OK I EXPLAIN IT FOR NO CODER USER. IM NOT A USER AND I DID IT. I GOT 20 FPS JUST IN FZERO:

I DID IT WITH WINDOWS NOTEPAD. IT REALLY WORK. BUT NOT WORK WITH WORDPAD.
BUT I HAVE TO USED THE neo geo file ( rage2x.gpe) i edit the file with notepad. i was caution and changed only what was needed. and save it as pocksnes3.gpe

You really gain much more fps in snes emu.

i modified this script in the rage2x.gpe (neogeo emulator file) ( i call it pocketsnes3.gpe:

#!/bin/sh

./pollux_set 'lcd_timings=397,1,37,277,341,0,17,337;dpc_clkdiv0=9;cpuclk=800;ram_timings=2,9,4,1,1,1,1'
./pocketsnes_fast $*

cd /usr/gp2x
exec ./gp2xmenu

WHY NO FAQ EXPLAIN THIS CLEARLY, HE COULD BE VERY USEFUL FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE. YOU GAIN A LOT OF SPEED. I hope ram timings are not dangerous ? isnt ?

all work correctly and i gain 20 FPS in F-zero. UNBELIEVEBLE

thanks for answer

Back