How Green Will Be The Pandora

Status
Not open for further replies.
barzoule said:
Greepeace released its study on toxicity levels for the PS3, 360 and Wii.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/ne...nsolation200508

How will the Pandora perform on the green side, anyone knows?

I suspect decently well- just not what Greenpeace unrealistically wants (They call out a lot of things that the governments and safety orgs actually REQUIRE them to put into the manufacture of things, because things like flame retardants are needed for safety and they're not as dangerous as Greenpeace makes them out to be...)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pandora will never break or become obsolete, thus it's a moot point.

Protip: Don't trust any enviro-crazy sites. Even if their stats may be straight, they present what they mean, in a skewed light.
By the way, when I went to Japan, you can be sure I supported the whale business, and bought some ground whale! MMmm, good. After that, I drove my rental SUV back to Akihabara. Also, they have got to stop coining their own terms.

barzoule said:
Greepeace released its study on toxicity levels for the PS3, 360 and Wii.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/ne...nsolation200508

How will the Pandora perform on the green side, anyone knows?

If someone throws away thier Pandora maybe they should get Bromine poisoning?

Seriously though I think that article has some issues. I mean how much of these chemicals are actually present in the consoles? You have to wonder if greenpeace would make article like this no matter how much of one partiular chemical they found. Are the tests reliable? I guess we just haev to tke thier word for it.
Also how cost effective is it to build without these chemicals? They never consider this.
Im all for lower power safe materials, but when it starts to becomse drive up cost, thats where I draw the line.

Heres a good one too I just thought of. The US gov. has just recently passed a law making everyone use the new hologen bulbs, since they consume less energy. Well guess what they contain mercury, dont break any, of and you cant throw them away.

craigix said:
I hope it will pollute enough to turn the UK in to a tropical climate.

And kill the seals.
Dont forget the Rabbits

craigix said:
I hope it will pollute enough to turn the UK in to a tropical climate.

And kill the seals.
I just want the sea levels to rise enough to give me a nice view of the ocean. (I live in St Louis, Missouri, USA - near the middle of the continent.) :D

I feel I should buy more game machines since Greenpeace seem to hate them so much. I am going to leave them all on 24/7 too.

Interesting question, and relevant, but there's a definite bias to the article (which to be fair you'd expect). For instance: their comment about consoles not being classified as toys.

Of *course* consoles aren't classified as toys. No more so, anyway, than a DVD player is. Or a computer.

That said, I suspect controllers probably should so classified even if the rest of the console isn't; the main body of a console sees little to no physical contact, and the chances of a kid chewing on them is, all told, pretty darn slim, simply because they're too big to fit in the average child's mouth. Controllers, on the other hand, are a different story.

I'd think that it would do well on energy consumption, what with there being a pretty decent battery in the thing. Otherwise, not much else than what's in every mobile computer device...

Rayek said:
I'd think that it would do well on energy consumption, what with there being a pretty decent battery in the thing. Otherwise, not much else than what's in every mobile computer device...
speaking of the battery....
I demand the toxic demonic cursed item be removed and the Pandora be modified to be powered by a bike that will keep users from getting too obese from using the Pandora so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back