How does Batch 1 units compare the the 1GHZ unit?

robohappy

Hi everybody, I found a open pandora batch 1 unit at a very good price, but the question is how does it compare the the one ghz unit?

If it's a rebirth there's not a whole lot of difference. If it's a 256MB First Batch, well. It's more than just emulation. The extra RAM makes a pretty big impact on quite a few tasks. I wish I had a 1GHZ sometimes, but for the most part I'm quite happy with my First Batch Pandora. It really depends on what you plan on using it for.

Well the First Batch units only had 256MB,, I have all three.. I'd say there is a  bigger leap from the 1st batch with the 256MB and the Rebirth units that 512MB than there is between the Rebirth and 1Ghz.. However the 1Ghz units do have a faster Memory and GPU clock on top of the faster CPU, making it better at 3D and things that peg out the CPU on the older models. 

If it's a rebirth there's not a whole lot of difference. If it's a 256MB First Batch, well. It's more than just emulation. The extra RAM makes a pretty big impact on quite a few tasks. I wish I had a 1GHZ sometimes, but for the most part I'm quite happy with my First Batch Pandora. It really depends on what you plan on using it for.
You must be kidding, on Drastic and PPSSPP and Wolfenstein you see a world of difference vs the 1Ghz version. I have both a rebirth and a 1Ghz.  

Back