How Do You Play Snes Games With Four Buttons?

Billy Lee

The SNES pad has six buttons but the GP32 has only four. How do you play games like Street Fighter 2 and others that make use of all six buttons?

well you just set your buttons to what you need, tis only way, or yo map two buttons to one button

In Osnes9xGP, there is different key maping possibilities. The select button on your GP32 serves as a switch and switch between different key mapping configuration that you can configure when pressing select for 3 second when a game is running (it's in input settings).

there's so few games that require all 6 buttons that it's not the biggest issue (by a longshot) SF2 is still extremely playable. if you are a purist you wouldn't wanna play it on GP32 anyway.. right?

Right most games you can easily get by w/ 4 button and press select.

I fighting games or any other action game were I need 4+ I usually
set opensnes to button config 3 which lets you use select as a snes button
instead of to switch between configs. This works well because the select button
is next to A and B so it can easily bne used as an action button

ex:
In street fighter 2 I set select to either medium kick or medium punch since
I sometimes use it but I use the other ones more

hope that made some sense

which ever 2 buttons are used most often make them A and B
the next 2 most often used should be L and R
make your second most least used mapped to the START button
then in your key config make your last button all the buttons in button config 1
button config 0 is your main config.... there you are... a fully functional snes...

you really need a set of two joysticks to properly enjoy a game like smash TV or robotron anyway. (though the SNES setup was a pretty decent runner-up I agree)

how's it run on the Z?

Back