How Do I Use: Fast Video Resizer (vid2gp)?

Vimacs posted on May 18 2006 at 02:23 PM said:
its for linux, just in case you are useing windows you could try to get it to run with cygwin.

Oh, so you dont use it on your GP2X? You have to use it on your main computer? If so is there anyway to get it to work with windows?

Last edited by a moderator:
For a Win PC you can use something called PocketDivX, have a search though the Forums it's mentioned somewhere (I forget where, sorry).

That will re-encode to DivX/XVid and can be set to make the file 320 by what ever it is the 2x likes :) Takes a 350Meg episode and turns it into an 85Meg file.

BenScar posted on May 18 2006 at 04:01 PM said:
For a Win PC you can use something called PocketDivX, have a search though the Forums it's mentioned somewhere (I forget where, sorry).

That will re-encode to DivX/XVid and can be set to make the file 320 by what ever it is the 2x likes :) Takes a 350Meg episode and turns it into an 85Meg file.

Great thanks ^_^ i downloaded it and have tried it many times but its not working T_T After I have selected the file and my options i press encode, and it takes about 2 secs. and its says its finished and i can view the log, but no file apears where i save it T_T heres the log:

PocketDivXEncoder (0.3.60) - translated by Delanyj

Template selected : Archos AV300 series

./mencoder.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Tenchi Muyo! Mihoshi Special.avi" -af volnorm -srate 44100 -oac mp3lame -lameopts mode=2:cbr:br=192 -subfont-autoscale 3 -subcp "latin1" -font "C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\Arial.ttf" -noodml -vf scale=322:256,crop=320:240,eq2=1.0:1.0:0.12:1.0 -sws 9 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vmax_b_frames=0:vbitrate=1200:vstrict=1 -ffourcc XVID -o "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Tenchi Muyo! Mihoshi Special_Archos.avi" >> 1.txt 2>> 2.txt
./mencoder.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Tenchi Muyo! Mihoshi Special_Archos.avi" -noodml -audio-preload 1.0 -delay 0.1 -ovc copy -oac copy -ffourcc XVID -o "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\Tenchi Muyo! Mihoshi Special_Archos_.avi" >> 1.txt 2>> 2.txt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you know how to fix whatevers going wrong?

Not quite sure what's going on there....
Try selecting the "PDA" as the output, that's already set to the right screen resolution.

I'm no expert on PocketDivX, so I don't know what's wrong with that log file, I've been lucky with it and only had it fail once on me (and that was due to a corrupt file anyway)

BenScar posted on May 18 2006 at 05:22 PM said:
Not quite sure what's going on there....
Try selecting the "PDA" as the output, that's already set to the right screen resolution.

I'm no expert on PocketDivX, so I don't know what's wrong with that log file, I've been lucky with it and only had it fail once on me (and that was due to a corrupt file anyway)

Ive tried that but it still doesnt work, ty anyway :(

Back