how do i save / load in scumm

angrypants

GP OG
if I hit start it takes me to the save screen I can choose to save a game and give it a name but when i go to loadthe game the load button dosn't seem to work. How do I succesfuly save / load a game?

when load is selected (after clicking load button) just double click the file name

same with saving, select save, click a slot, enter name, double click it to save

Bonks

actually i'm having problems with the load function. The button is white insted of green like the save button. In the options the save directory seems to be /foo/bar/ but won't let me change it to anything else. So how do I get the saves set up so they will save and load right.

You notice how when you click save it turns white and load turns green? Take that as your hint that when you first hit start, you're already on load! Your problem, despite what you think, is probably that you aren't saving correctly. Once you save correctly, when you press start to load, the saved games will be right there and you just need to double click one.

Now, for saving, what works for me is:
1) Press Start
2) Click Save
3) Click on a numbered save slot, you should get a cursor for typing
4) Hold the right shoulder key and press up/down for choosing letters/#s and right to go to the next one
5) When you've typed a name for your game, just press start again

ScummVM will "pause/freeze" for a couple of seconds while saving. After that, when you're in the game you can press start and your save game should be right there... double click it to load.

Now, there is at least one game (Monkey Island VGA version, maybe a couple more) that have problems saving and require a "fix"... search these forums for that <_< .

Ahh i got it working now thatnks for the replys. I dunno what i was doing wrong it seemed to save but would freeze forever but now its going fine. Scumm is pretty impressive.

Back