How Do I Play Avi/divx E.t.c.

hughes37

Still Fresh
How do you play avi or divx files I have copy across a videos file avi and i have also converted it to divx but how do ytou play it. I have download a player for the gp2x but still can nnot play and video file ?

The divx .avi file should play natively straight from the movie player are you telling us that the obvious route isn't working? hence the :blink: in the previous post.

EDIT: From further analysis of your post (lol) I think you also tried to play a .divx file? you can't do that on the GP2X, afaik it's only the .avi extension that is supported.

He means that, the first icon in the GP2X Menu is a Video player, aka. no need to download a player. Just click on that icon and launch your .avi files like you launch games and emulators.

Also for best performance rescale your video to 320x240.

- Alex

Edit: beaten to it, oops.

How do you play avi or divx files I have copy across a videos file avi and i have also converted it to divx but how do ytou play it. I have download a player for the gp2x but still can nnot play and video file ?

Why dont you READ the user guide that came with your gp2x?

Last edited by a moderator:

Why dont you READ the user guide that came with your gp2x?

yes you are right i shoul dlearn to read in anycase i load a film ass per instructions and followed the instructions a=but but my fims do not show up were do i place them?

Last edited by a moderator:
but my fims do not show up were do i place them?
Using the default player you can browse to them wherever you put them on your sd card - make sure they have the right file extension - some of the tools I've used, for some reason, have not given the video any extension (ie filename.avi etc).

Um, you put them on your SD card then load up the video player and look on your SD card and they're there. No, I don't know how it works (I don't think any of us does) but by some magic they generally appear.

PS: If you're using windows it might hide the file extension or something for no apparent reason. Try Tools > Folder Options > View > Uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types'.
Then you can see what the files' extensions really are and can check that they're avi's.

Back