How Do I Activate The Video Out?

yea i'd buy one and cancel my one with the OPT.

I want 3 - 5 (maybe more - depend on postage and some other guys interest - I ask ASAP) but I'm from Czech Republic (EU). Onlinecomponents want order over $100 (118 pcs of Pandora's EXT port connector), not mentioned postage :-/

Zevdawg: Are You willing ship to EU (Czech Republic)?

EDIT: I think that I can take 10 pcs without fear - they are really "low price". But what about some housing (for cable)?

If someone in the US buys in bulk for the rest of us and is willing to ship them out, count me in for at least 5 as well.

I'll probably wind up going for 250 at the most at this point, as it's a happy medium for me financially. I'll order more, if more are needed (yes, I'd be willing to do a second run if it came down to that) - otherwise this first batch will be purchased either tomorrow or Friday.

Can ship anywhere; this will be via Canada Post as it's closest to me.
I'm only charging for cost of the end product, plus shipping. This will be figured out on a per-order basis.

So ~8 more weeks to go (plus the time it takes for me to receive it at my warehouse) B)

zevdawg said:
So ~8 more weeks to go (plus the time it takes for me to receive it at my warehouse) B)
Hey, that's about how long it'll take before the Pandoras are shipping again :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I plan to use my pandora with myvu glasses, a connector I can solder myself will actually save me a cable!

Add me to the list, I'll take some (5->10) off your hands!!

Mqark said:
chame said:
where is the tvout script? :rolleyes:

ED - any chance of the script please? I'm itching to try this. Thanks, Mark.

Oh, right... I'm just having too few time :(

Well, here is the one that simply enables it :)
Should be good enough for a start:

Code:
cd /sys/devices/platform/omapdss
echo 0 > overlay0/enabled
echo 0 > overlay1/enabled
echo "" > /sys/class/graphics/fb1/overlays
echo "0,1" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/overlays
echo "648,486" > overlay1/output_size
echo "tv" > overlay1/manager
echo 1 > overlay0/enabled
echo 1 > overlay1/enabled
echo 1 > display1/enabled

Last edited:
Are any of you guys who are ordering these little jobbies up for making custom cables? I really don't wanna be lugging a great big 10ft cable around with me so the OP one is total overkill for my needs. I'd much rather have a GP2X-style breakout cable with female connectors so I can use the most appropriate cable for my needs (the screen on a plane's entertainment system, for example, is but 1 foot away - a 10 foot cable would just get messy!) I'd be perfectly happy to pay for your work, obviously.

Pleng said:
Are any of you guys who are ordering these little jobbies up for making custom cables? I really don't wanna be lugging a great big 10ft cable around with me so the OP one is total overkill for my needs. I'd much rather have a GP2X-style breakout cable with female connectors so I can use the most appropriate cable for my needs (the screen on a plane's entertainment system, for example, is but 1 foot away - a 10 foot cable would just get messy!) I'd be perfectly happy to pay for your work, obviously.

I'd have no problem making an extra one for you. Are you in the UK? I'm not going to start manufacture or something but one shouldn't be any problem at all :)

Pleng: I'll do some on request. Only problem will be nice housing. I'll try make so mould and put whole wiring into silicon gel or something like that.

Maybe not the cleanest script (EDs is surely cleaner ;) ), maybe not working anymore (This worked fine on my BB B6 a long time ago) but it used to give me the best quality:
(Note that this is 16 bit color depth as this is what the SGX driver required back then)

Code:
fbset -n -fb /dev/fb0 -bcast true -g 704 480 704 480 16 -rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
echo "0" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display1/enabled
echo "0" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay0/enabled
echo "0" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay1/enabled
echo "" > /sys/class/graphics/fb1/overlays
echo "1" > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/overlays
echo "704,480" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay1/output_size
echo "tv" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay1/manager
echo "1" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/overlay1/enabled
echo "ntsc" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display0/timings 
echo "ntsc" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display1/timings 
echo "1" > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display1/enabled
sync

EdCa22 said:
I'd have no problem making an extra one for you. Are you in the UK?

Awesome! Yes I'm in the UK.

I'm not going to start manufacture or something but one shouldn't be any problem at all :)

Great! Well I'll call first dibs on that one then! :)

Back