How can I help? (Long term N900 and Debian user)

spyro

Still Fresh
hey m8s,

i had a nokia n900 with a debian change root for about 8 years. but nokia discontiued the support, and then the maemo-society kinda desolved.
i'm ashamed to say, that due to my work, i sometimes need(ed) windows.
so my main computer was a intel quad-core desktop dual-boot with a debian and a secondary ms xp.
my http-/, ftp-/, nfp-/ and ssh-server was a T23 with all my 2 TB of external harddrives attached.
i mostly used my n900 as a remote. (ssh, TV and sterio, ... but sadly not the coffee-maker)

here is my question:
(how) can i help/contribute?

i am no gamer! (eccept "day of the tentacle")
i just love the project!
i bleed open source,
i sweat debian,
and i'd love to be of service!

sincetely

spyro

Welcome to the boards!

I've taken the liberty of splitting this post into it's own thread, which should make it a bit more visible.

You might want talk a bit more about your skills and interests. Are you a seasoned developer? Skilled in web design, or writing documentation? Keen to optimise config files, or push the limit of hardware.

Personally, I'd like to see more work optimising UI and utilities for the hardware we're getting. Desktop Debian is great, but sometimes what you want is more of a PDA environment.

Welcome! I have only preordered a Pyra early this year having tracked the project for a long time. I have recently picked up a 1GHz OpenPandora and have been busy getting up to speed. For how much the OpenPandora can still do well in 2020, the Pyra will surely blow it away.

Mine looks a lot worse (more used) than this one but it's worth more ;)
one milion.png

Back