1. Say I have a 2 hour 30 minute movie, will I be able to fit that onto 128mb smart media card?
2. Also, how big of a hassle is it to convert it to play on the gp32?
3.And, can I use like a 512mb card on the gp32?
1. Yes u certianly can fit a 2.30 hr. movie on a 128 mb smc considering u convert it right . To do this u use divx codec 4.12 which leaves them super small compared to their original counter parts.
2. Its no hassle at all. Its actually pretty simple. All u do is d/l something called virtualdub and read the instructions on this page and your set. It only takes like 6 min to convert 600 mb on my comp.
3. Nope, not at the moment. Gp32 only runs 3.3volt smc and i dont think there are any 512 smc in 3.3 volts. Dont get to distressed tho i read that Gamppark is working on dishing some out at 3.3 volts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, agreed (for the most part). The only time there's any hassle involved is if you have to rip the DVD first - since they're copy protected, it takes ages to fiddle with those. Its pretty straight forward (thankfully), it just takes a long time.
And of course, you'd need 4gb free on your hd for most films. Which is always a little hard to come by. There are proggies to rip a DVD straight to DivX (i.e. you don't need 4GB free) but I've never got the hang of them...