Horrible Battery Life

Squidge posted on Dec 18 2005 at 02:08 PM said:
Don't forget some batteries will drain faster than others depending on how much current you are sucking out of them. Don't assume, for example, that a 2500mA battery will last 5 hours with a 500mA current drain. If it was only designed for upto 300mA, then it will drain much quicker.

One way of finding out if this is the case: Charge the batteries fully, place them in your gp2x and play until they seem flat. Put them aside for a few hours and then try again - you may find out that they work again. If this is the case, then you need better batteries that can withstand higher current.

Considering your batteries work in your GP32 for a lot longer says this is exactly whats happening. Try buying some AA batteries designed for digital cameras.

That's true! I even experience with some of my weaker batteries(2100-2300mAh no-name) crashes quite often, while my Photo batteries from ansmann and varta(2400mAh and 2600mAh) do a great job in the unit and last 5-6 hours and more, depending on the usage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fez posted on Dec 18 2005 at 01:33 AM said:
Tip if you have a 2000 or 2500 Mah NiMh batteries you will want a good charger that drains the battery first.

Or for us cheapos, throw the batteries in a GBA, plug in GBC tetris, leave it on, and walk away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back