Homers Rin Gp2x

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Dear Reader,

At one point in time I had a Psp that had tons of homebrew on it. Since it broke along time ago I have purchased a bunch of system to continue playing such homebrew. Yet of all the programs I miss the most it is "Homers rin" (Gb/Gbc Emulator). I am aware that gnuboy is avalible for the gp2x, but if you have ever seen Homers rin and its interface, you would be suprised at how many options are avalible and how awesome it looks. What I am asking is would it be possible to port said program to the gp2x. I am currently looking for the source code, but wasn't sure if a port could be made between psp homebrew and gp2x. I myself do not have the skills to be alb e to port it and if anyone could help, I would appriciate it. I can't find any good videos on youtube so I suppose youll have to take my word on it.

Thanks for listening,
-Spadoof

:gp2x

I know the emulator and I do agree that it is great. Nice color options for the old b/w gameboy games. But, I think that Gnuboy has better sound however. Gnuboy is pretty much perfect aside the fact that navigating menus is a little cumbersome at first. Still, the more the merrier. I would love to see homer's rin running on the GP2X.

The things I really liked, were how many options it gave you. It gave the ability to mess around with the sound, graphics, even the gameboy it was emulating. When playing Legend of zelda, Orical of ages, you can change the settings to make the game think it is being run on a Gba, allowing you to enter the GBA Exclusive shop to buy items, otherwise impossible to get. I also love the interface and how it looks. If anyone can help, dont hessitate to post.

Thanks,
-Spadoof

I am also incappable of using the source code to make a program. IF ANYONE CAN HELP US PLEASE DO! This program is really worth the fuss over! I think that it would be a great addition to the gp2x collection of emulators. Thanks for all of your support and information everyone.

Thanks,
-Spadoof

If anyone has taken an interest in helping us please give us an update....... I am currently trying to figure it out myself. Thank you

Thanks
-Spadoof

zektor, do you have any experince in doing this?

Spadoof

Spadoof said:
If anyone has taken an interest in helping us please give us an update....... I am currently trying to figure it out myself. Thank you
Thanks
-Spadoof

zektor, do you have any experince in doing this?

Spadoof

Porting? Unfortunately, no. I did some hack work in the Gizmondo scene, but that is pretty much the height of my knowhow :) There are many emulators that provide source that I would love to see ported however....."Dega" being one of them (www.finalburn.com), but I guess the person doing the porting has to be interested in the first place.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be great to have I agree. This is especially needed since the zip capable GNUboy doesn't work for me anyway. I select something and it just crashes back to Gmenu2X. The author lost the source code to GNUboy so no updates will be made.

DaveC said:
This would be great to have I agree. This is especially needed since the zip capable GNUboy doesn't work for me anyway. I select something and it just crashes back to Gmenu2X. The author lost the source code to GNUboy so no updates will be made.

What a shame! It works like a charm for me, just a bit too jumpy sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see a new Gameboy emulator.

Gnuboy isn't that great. For the longest time it didn't even save (until someone found a WIP version that had saving, and even then it is slightly flaky at best and I have to quit the emu every time I want to load a new game or the saving goes wonky) and the interface isn't the best.

Any improvement would be a super-plus.

Here's a video of Homer's rin working on the Psp (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4tRBtNgAzI).
It's not a very good video, but it does give you an ideo of what it looks like. Maybe putting this video on here will intrest more people.

Thanks,
-Spadoof

P.S.: No one was saying that Gnuboy was a bad emulator, we are just saying that Homer's Rin has more to bring to the table.

P.s.s: This is my favorite backdrop for the emulator's main screen (http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/9871/homersrinbg3487_small.jpg).

You can change the background of the emulator to several differnt pictures depending on what you like.

Thanks,
-Spadoof

Dear Readers,

I am currently working on trying to learn how to port this program. I am going to first ask permission to do so from the original writer of the program. I'm sure he or she won't mind. Anyways I am, again, going to work on it sense I haven't heard anything from anyone on helping port this.

Thanks,
-Spadoof

Back