Hold Button The Wiz

klikklak

Oh neat, it's a ... field.
Website
Visit site
It's not possible to have too many threads about the wiz so I made a new one :)

How does the hold button/switch work? Does it suspend state to memory and then return from that in seconds in the same spot you left it in? If so, YES!

At the moment I don't think it does much at all :p. Though it should be pretty easy to put the Wiz into suspend mode. We already know how to control the clock speed, it is easy to pause processes and I have some code to turn off the screen.

Probably just an extra software controlled button that has to be implemented in each app that wants to use it, knowing GPH! ;)

Orkie said:
At the moment I don't think it does much at all :p. Though it should be pretty easy to put the Wiz into suspend mode. We already know how to control the clock speed, it is easy to pause processes and I have some code to turn off the screen.
And run "sync" also please :) (the one that really saves)

Last edited by a moderator:
Isnt the hold button just there to prevent any button presses if you have the wiz playing mp3 from inside your pocket?
Like the hold button of any other mp3 players, or even the psp?

I also assumed that it would put it into a low power state. Otherwise, what is the point of having a calendar with alarms unless you just leave it on all the time. I hope this is how it functions. I hate having to carry a Palm and an additional device.

The hold button just locks the buttons so you can't accidentally press anything while listening to music etc.

Just for information: It's not called a hold button, it's a lock button, hence the little lock symbol on it.

Damn. At least it starts up faster than gp2x. But still, damn! I was really hoping for an always on device. Thanks for the clarification anyway. Is there any hope for having this work in any other way?

Back