GP2X Hierarchy Of Gp2x Linux

ThaiGrocer

Still Fresh
I have been searching for the past three hours on forums and google, and I can't seem to answer some issues that I am having. I am just not doing well at finding solutions by myself.

Three things:

(1) A Specific Thing
I would like to know the absolute directory of the nand memory for firmware 2.0. For example, the location of the SD card would be /mnt/sd. Is it located in /mnt/nand anymore since firmware 2.0 separated vital files from the free space?

(2) A Broad Question So I can Begin my Developing "Journey"
I am trying to understand the hierarchy (absolute location of where the files are via the linux file system) of the GP2X linux. Here are many ways I'm trying to understand it:

- Documentation
- Exploring it through windows

My problem is that I can't find anything. I found http://www.bluedust.com/gp2x/gp2x_tree.txt, but I believe it is out of date (unless the location of nand is really /mnt/nand). So, where can I find documentation of the hierarchy? How do explore the GP2X linux via bash through windows?

(3)
How do you guys specifically learn about the GP2X, may it be hierarchy, for example? I would love search tips and links, if you can.

Thanks! I hope this community will show me the love :rolleyes: .

The "nand" that shows up in the menus is /mnt/nand, but you have to mount it before you can use it. There are some scripts in /usr/gp2x to help with that. Read through those, they can tell you things.

The root of the file system is also on the internal flash, and the /mnt/nand file system lives in a file on that.

Back