Copying Script Problem

CyberAxe

Code:
cp -R /mnt/sd/GP2x/Applications/Utilities/NAND/ /mnt/nand

i am trying to copy the contents of the SD folder ot the NAND folder however it keeps saying the directory doesnt exist and ive even looked up a linux tutorial and thats the way it says the line should be

anyone have any ideas of how i can get this working?

have you checked that /mnt/nand directory exists (can you cd into it)?
maybe you have to mount it first..? (I dont know, I dont have a gp2x).

/mnt/nand is actually a rather silly folder; it's a mountpoint that goes nowhere. And I couldn't see it do so usefully, because the entire Linux fs is already on the NAND.

So yeah, it's basically a convention of "put things that you want to launch from the NAND here".

BUT, I'd really recommend against putting ANYTHING there. There's only something like 9MB to spare on the NAND, and you risk really fubarring up your device if you fill it to the brim.

So don't.

(Oh and... hm... your script really should work. I have no idea why it wouldn't.)

have you checked that /mnt/nand directory exists (can you cd into it)?
maybe you have to mount it first..? (I dont know, I dont have a gp2x).

it definatly exists the script also deletes the old folder and recreates it so the script can freshly copy the sd folder contents

/mnt/nand is actually a rather silly folder; it's a mountpoint that goes nowhere. And I couldn't see it do so usefully, because the entire Linux fs is already on the NAND.

So yeah, it's basically a convention of "put things that you want to launch from the NAND here".

BUT, I'd really recommend against putting ANYTHING there. There's only something like 9MB to spare on the NAND, and you risk really fubarring up your device if you fill it to the brim.

So don't.

(Oh and... hm... your script really should work. I have no idea why it wouldn't.)
the only things i want to put on the NAND are some scripts which will only take up a few kb and possibly the usb to serial driver at most

Last edited by a moderator:
i managed to fix it aparently even though the folder i had on my SD card was called NAND in uppercase it had to be made lowercase on the command to be able to find it but all the mixed case ones were left the same case so this must be a bug of the system

Code:
cp -R /mnt/nand /mnt/sd/NAND/

will this copy the nand to SD card?

or can anyone tell me which folder contains the skin? /mnt/nand/imgall ?

Code:
cp -R /mnt/nand /mnt/sd/NAND/

will this copy the nand to SD card?

This will copy everything in /mnt/nand to the directory NAND on your SD card (but only if that directory exists already).

Actually, the entire NAND starts at / (just a single slash, also the root of the file system), excluding /mnt/sd.

But yeah, for all intents and purposes, that would copy what you see when you select "NAND" in the menu, to your SD card.

or can anyone tell me which folder contains the skin? /mnt/nand/imgall ?

I believe the skin is stored in a bunch of files in /usr/gp2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back