Hibernation

crow_riot

prerequisite: i'm not the knowing very much about linux

ok, i just wondered if something like hibernation would be possible on the wiz? the Swsusp wiki says it's supported from kernel 2.6 on - the wiz i using this version. but on the other side, the shutdown command is not working, right?

so, just to make it short, does it make sense - especially regarding boot time?

The GP2X had a script that was written to put the unit to "sleep". Maybe that can be somehow ported to the Wiz? http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,2273

well i saw that script while researching. but it only downclocks the wiz and shuts down the display. i want real hibernation, or at least want to know if it's feasible :)

in the end, what i'd like to do is create a background application that checks the lock-button and when you press it, the system hibernates. so you just could turn your wiz off in the middle of playing, turn it on again and everything should be as nothing had happened. but thats probably just a dream ;)

The way I know how to hibernate is using /sys/power/state , but Wiz doesn't have it :p
I don't if TuxOnIce use other methods to do so.

But there's a big problem, crow_riot: many softwares (like gngeo) has big memory leaks... someday(s) you'll have to shut it down ;)

Back