Hi, New User (about To Be) And Have A Few Questions

Fox_

Still Fresh
Hi.

Im a few weeks away from buying a gp2x from play-asia.com (so far the best price I have found, with 6 months warranty, just in case.)

I have noticed a lot of problems with the thumbstick thingy, I guess replacing the actual stick should fix most of the qc problems (aside from the deadzone)?

I intend on using an external hdd with this, which I will independently power. To avoid voltage traveling back up to the gp2x, do you think its a good idea to cut the power cable on the link between the hub/hdd and the gp?

That leads to my next question, can I run an external hdd directly from the unit (ext) to the usb using a cable from these guys?

Anything else I should know about the unit?

Thanks for your time,
Fox

Hi!

You should order a new joystick with you r gp2X. The stock one is pretty bad.

For the HDD support, it depends on the batch of your Gp2X but I assume you will receive the latest one so it should be ok.
I haven't tested the Usb on mine so you should wait another answer from somebody else just to be sure.

I will be ordering 2 spares from Play-Asia when I place my order, also I was thinking of chopping up an old mad-catz dreamcast controller I have, It has a nice soft rubber pad.

Back