Hi I'm New Here...

GLacaci

Still Fresh
So I just today got my Wiz from Thinkgeek. I just realized they are out of stock so I might be one of the last people to have recieved it. One thing to note is I got my wiz along with the leather case, the accessories kit, the metal sticker, and a caanoo wifi dongle, even though I had just ordered the actual Wiz itself, pretty awesome not sure if this is normal.

Also, I was wondering I downloaded the SD contents off of this site:

http://gp2xwiz.info/forums/My-Wiz-SD-Card-Contents-For-You--P1295.htm

and it is telling me that I am going to need Bios files to run the PS1 and GBA Emulators. Could anyone help a complete noob out here and point me in the general direction of where to get these Bios files as well as where on the SD card to place them. Thank you.

Also, does anyone know of a good collection of roms for these games that might already be packaged together? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and again please excuse my lack of knowledge on these subjects.

GLacaci said:
So I just today got my Wiz from Thinkgeek. I just realized they are out of stock so I might be one of the last people to have recieved it. One thing to note is I got my wiz along with the leather case, the accessories kit, the metal sticker, and a caanoo wifi dongle, even though I had just ordered the actual Wiz itself, pretty awesome not sure if this is normal.

Woah! That's NOT normal. I ordered a Wiz from ThinkGeek last month and only got the Wiz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I wouldn't think it was normal. I was surprised to say the least, the metal sticker thing is tacky so I'm not going to use it, the dongle is for the caanoo which I don't have, the screen protector I used, and the leather case I am using. Also, the accessories kit seems kind of redundant as it is a SD carrier and a metal stylus it seems. Still cool to have gotten it though!

So far I really like the thing, as of now I have to find proper roms for it.

UPDATE: So I went to [ROM site removed, as per the forum rules] in search of some roms, I installed Pokemon Red which was a .gb file type. It shows up as a rom when I start up the emulator however when I go to run it all that shows is a static image of a GameBoy. Not sure what is going on, I'm foreign to emulators at this point.

EDIT: NVM POKEMON RED IS WORKING NOW.

I am looking to get Pokemon Fire-Red and the other remake of Blue running for the GBA emulator. I have some pretty fond memories of playing these games as a little kid and being undefeated in link-cable battles. So again if anyone could help me with the whole Bios issue with the emulator as well as finding roms that work I would be greatly indebted to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know, you just need one bios file in the main directory of gpSP ( I assume that's the emulator you're using?)

As far as the Sony BIOS files, same thing. Just put them in the main directory of the emulator. Check your PM.

That's awesome you got all that. I emailed ThinkGeek when I got my Wiz (all I got was the Wiz, no accessories) and they said they don't include any accessories with them. :(

I also received my Wiz from Think Geek only this last Tuesday. I didn't get any accessories, so I think you were just lucky ;)

Well that makes me pretty damn happy! I'm pretty sure I will be using my 750 geekpoints I got somewhat soon :-D

Also, thank you darklight for the help.

ha thats funny i received mine on weds from thinkgeek and also was surprised about the accessories it came with.

Back