Help.. Write protection on SMC cards

shah

Hi, i was using a 32 MB SMC card. I can format and install stuff onto it, but i cannot use it onto my SMC card reader as it says it is write protected.. What gives.. I have not put on any silver tabs and was working perfectly a while ago. There is nothing wrong with the card as i can use it through the GP£" to add and format etc.. but i cannot format via normal readers. I can do this with the other card i have, and they are both the same.

Any one else with this funny thing..?

You should format the SMC in the GP32, after that it can go into any computer. If it still don't work try it in someone else's PC.

Tired all combinations. Its seems that the GP32 foprmats the card and somehow puts copy protection on. Dont kno how.

Tried to format it via my 32MB flash drive, not worked, now gonna format it in my mp3 player..

I can format the SMC in all devices i have. My camera, GP32, MP3player,
but after formatting i cannot use my card reader to upload files onto it due to write protection. When i see the format tab option, it has write protection on it. I can take this off, but then when i see properties, i see this option tagged again.

I try to format through the smc reader but it cannot as its write protected...?

Now my SMC reader is new and it workes with all the other smc's i have inc. the same smc that is giving me probs.

Although i could still use that smc on the GP 32, everyone klnows how shit the GP32 file manager is as i keeps on giving file transfer error...

Anyone else ever had this problem...?

Back