Help with my Touchscreen

soulanger

I have problem with my touchscreen.

Whenever I touch the screen in the center, it feels like theres a gap between the plastic (this is not the screen protection), and the actual screen. But whenever i press the sides it doesnt feel bumpy. I think the plastic is not wrapped tight enough to the actual screen.

I actually noticed this on the first day, but now that myPaint is released I want to fix it now.

I wonder if anybody could help me fix this.

I plan to open my OP later so I could fix my shoulder and Q button as well. They feel odd.

You mean the black plastic bezel that goes around the screen? If you're referring to how it lifts away from the bottom-center of the screen, this is a known issue and there's no way to fix it: it happens to all of them, to some degree. If that's not what you mean, then I have no idea what you mean.

I seem to remember someone else with this problem. They said it was like an air bubble trapped under the touchscreen film. What they did was use a credit card to gently push the bubble towards the side of the screen to let the air out.

I seem to remember someone else with this problem. They said it was like an air bubble trapped under the touchscreen film. What they did was use a credit card to gently push the bubble towards the side of the screen to let the air out.

Yes it was Paddy. I had the idea and it seemed to work for him, he was able to push the bubble out of the screen

I would put tissue paper under the card to prevent scratching and be VERY careful.

If your worried you may brake the screen at any point I would stop and try and RMA the unit

No this seems different. Mine has the same problem. The film just doesn't feel snug near the center of the device. Around the edges it is. I can easily put my finger or the stylus on the film, move around with no contact to the screen.

Anyone have an idea about this? Is there a way to make it more snug? Can I open the screen some how and stretch it or something? I cannot use the UI very well because of this. I cannot doubleclick anything with the stylist and I have to push down hard to get it to recognize it.

Back