Help With My Old Ds

RyokoSparda

Still Fresh
I picked up my DS today and noticed that there are flickering lines running horizontally accross the top screen, the lines are only present on shades of dark blue.

Does anyone know what the hell is wrong with the thing, it was fine last week and nothings been done to the thing, it's an original DS bought on release day, I'm thinking of buying a new upper screen but I don't want to until I know for sure it's the screen at fault and not something else like the graphics chip or something.

Can anyone help please, I have done a Google search which didn't come up with anything.

If it's happening in all of the games that youare playing, I'd say it was the screen and not the graphics card. It seems more plausible to be the screen what with all the problems the original ds' had in the first few months. Although, I got a launch ds from america and its still going strong with no faults. Haven't used it much though since I got my ds lite mind.

Yeah I emailed my brother about it (he fixes PCs) according to him it's a common fault with Laptop design, basically it's because of the hinge all that opening and closing has warn out the ribbon cable or caused the ribbon cable connector to come loose.

I have to get a Trigram screwdriver now so I can get him to open it and have a look, hopefully it's just a loose cable and I don't have to order a new screen from Hong Kong.

Thanks for the reply B)

I don't know about the ds fat, but on the lite, when you open up the battery cover, there are some holes, with screws in them. The left one can be tightened or loosened to change screen settings.

Back