help with mp3s and movie player

tconanuk

Still Fresh
any help would be greatly appreciated.

1stly I have loads of cd which I copy to my pc but then cant copy to the gp32, why is that? i think they appear in .wma form on the pc.
can i convert them?
2nd Some of the songs seem to lack bae any way to boost this?
3rd any advice for me to get the best out of the gp32 in terms of mp3 playing?

as regards to playing movies

I am strugglying to get 100mb clips to play. I can easyly get small movies to play with desent sound, but when i am yet to successfull convert any full length films.

am using virtualdub to convert files, any useful tips for me on gettin movies on the the gp 32?

any help greatly appreciated.

Go to some of the guides on gp32x.de and gp32emu.com , they all start with download a version of divx from entware (you can just find divx 4.12 most anywhere though).

As for mp3s, there are a few volume equalizers you can use before you transfer the mp3's . And I sure hope you are using the newest beta of the mp3 player available at www.k2yaa.com (or .net?) .

Last edited by a moderator:
tconanuk posted on Oct 6 2003 at 03:40 PM said:
any help would be greatly appreciated.

1stly I have loads of cd which I copy to my pc but then cant copy to the gp32, why is that? i think they appear in .wma form on the pc.
can i convert them?
2nd Some of the songs seem to lack bae any way to boost this?
3rd any advice for me to get the best out of the gp32 in terms of mp3 playing?

as regards to playing movies

I am strugglying to get 100mb clips to play. I can easyly get small movies to play with desent sound, but when i am yet to successfull convert any full length films.

am using virtualdub to convert files, any useful tips for me on gettin movies on the the gp 32?

any help greatly appreciated.
You should convert the .wma files to mp3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Convert them to .mp3 rather than .wma...

...using Normalization (this may help the bass issue). Otherwise run them through something like Cool Edit (sound manipulation program). Remember, though, that the speakers on a GP32 aren't exactly up to the job of producing good bass simply because of their size (not an issue if you're running through headphones or through speakers of some sort).

Maybe the sound quality is too high on the films. Can't help too much on this topic I'm afraid.

For the audio, instead of MP3, you should try Ogg vorbis - great quality. A great ripper is available here -
http://www.thekompany.com/projects/tkcoggripper/
This will rip your CD (with freedb info) straight to Ogg format, with one click.
Then use Chui's OggPlayer (available from GP32Xtreme's download pages).

Back