Help With Halflife 2 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aaaaaaaa

I bought halflife 2 today, but i cant install it, the installation went fine untill i got to the screen which says

"Setup has determines that you have DirectX version 9.0b installed on your machine and will not attemp to update it"

When this cones up, i click nect and nothing happens. No reading or loading or anything.

it dosnt says "not responding" when i try ctrl alt del.

I know the button is being pressed cos the button sinks, and all the other buttons work.

Whats going wrong?

YOU were alll wrong!!!

Sorry.

I had to free up 2.5 more gig on my hard drive.Took me about an hour, but by process of elimination i managed to free abt 6 gig off my only 20 gig hd (i know its crap)

unfortunately, this (accidently) includes some of my sis' GCSE coursework, im dead when she finds out

LHC posted on Mar 6 2005 at 02:59 PM said:
How can a PC powerful enough to run HL2 only have a 20GB HD?

My PC is powerful enough to run Half life 2 easily but my HD is only 18.6GB, it's not the size, it's how you use it :D

Last edited by a moderator:
LHC posted on Mar 6 2005 at 01:59 PM said:

A bigger harddrive doesnt increase performance :)... You can have a 10gb HD and still run HL2 like you can on a computer with a 200GB HD :p

Hell you can have a 400mhz setup with 1000GB hd if you want :p

Steve-O posted on Mar 6 2005 at 05:26 PM said:

A bigger harddrive doesnt increase performance :)... You can have a 10gb HD and still run HL2 like you can on a computer with a 200GB HD :p

I'm sure he knows that, but it is quite uncommon for such a modern PC to have a small HDD.

finty101 posted on Mar 6 2005 at 04:28 PM said:
Steve-O posted on Mar 6 2005 at 05:26 PM said:

I'm sure he knows that, but it is quite uncommon for such a modern PC to have a small HDD.
^ What he said.

For the record, I've only got a 36gb harddisk, and 8gb of that is partitioned off for the boot and windows stuff. I can see I've got 11gb free still, so no point in upgrading the hd yet.

Steve-O posted on Mar 6 2005 at 08:26 AM said:

Not to burst your bubble but 1000GB would be 1TB or 1 terabite and 1024GB would be 1 terabyte but you can continue.

What bubble was that? You don't need to use the TB, as it is very uncommon, most people understand the way steve-o was doing it.

mattbakse posted on Mar 8 2005 at 05:50 AM said:
Not to burst your bubble but 1000GB would be 1TB or 1 terabite and 1024GB would be 1 terabyte but you can continue.

^what he said and i'm pretty sure you're wrong in your wording, use of bite and byte.

lesson #1: if you're going to be a pretentious arse, do it right.

what then point of buying such a big HD for the hell of it?

20 GB does me fine.

Well I'm getting a 300GB one, purely for videos and games.

Plus with the DBox2 I'm getting video is recorded directly from the TV to your computers harddrive, so 300GB will come in handy.

Deleted User posted on Mar 8 2005 at 07:04 PM said:

20 GB does me fine.

It`s obviously not big enough if you have to start deleting stuff to install one game. ;)

<OT>
I have 2 HD`s, 1 master 80gb and 1 slave 200gb. The master HD is where all programs are installed and the slave is where all my files, Downloads Roms, Mp3s, Videos etc go. So if for any reason the master drive is trashed or windows fails to boot, I can at least format the master or put the slave drive in another system and still get to my files.

Trooper

Deleted User posted on Mar 8 2005 at 06:04 PM said:

20 GB does me fine.
Deleted User posted on Mar 6 2005 at 11:08 AM said:
unfortunately, this (accidently) includes some of my sis' GCSE coursework, im dead when she finds out
This maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back