Help - update removed my selectable GUIs

milkshake

Advanced Member
So I updated my software using the new tool in the menu probably a month or two ago and since then when I try and boot up the Pandora I get the following:

uploadfromtaptalk1360267229687.jpg

Anyone know of anyway I can fix this without reinstalling the os?

Hmh how did you get that? I can guess you ran out of space during update or something.

You can try booting in CLI mode and editing .xinitrc with nano or vim, and changing DEFAULT_SESSION to "DEFAULT_SESSION=startxfce4". Or just copy default file with "cp /etc/skel/.xinitrc ." while still in home dir. If that doesn't work you probably have more damaged files and will have to reflash.

Yeah,  I got that too.   I have to say all those pastel colours look really out of place. ;)

Notaz modified SLIM in the most recent build to allow some of the punctuation keys to work during login, (prior to this build, if you chose a password with a ! in it you were effectively locking yourself out of the account.) but seems to have accidentally disabled the custom background image in the process.

- Neelix

It seems the slim package overrides it's own themes, try this while connected to Internet:

Code:
sudo opkg install --force-reinstall slim-op-themes

Back