Pandora os delete?

Willkommen

Still Fresh
hi, testing some alternatives os for pandora; i installed the os ubuntu on a sdcard: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/ubuntu-12-04-lts-on-sd-card.67273/ okey, at the first when i try to boot from sd card, i going to the boot menu and "boot from sdcard" don´t appear, and the second is when i going to boot normal pandora os, first the icons of program dissapear and the nub stop working, and later i reboot and the system dont open, just open like a terminal.
Srry my bad english, but pls help :(

EDIT: the xfce boot, but the xfce menu dont appear, and the right click (in nub and touch) dont work, anyone can help me to boot into sd card ¿pls¿

Hi because your Username is in German..i think you a German?
When yes and your English is bad..we have a German Forum here:
http://forum.gp2x.de/
Maybe we can help you there more than here because you can explain your Problem little bit better.

See you there ;)

Also the latest Firmware may fix your Problem as some (larger) SD Cards make Trouble with UBoot.

Hello,

I'm also spanish, if you feel more comfortable PM me and I may try to help. I have experience trying alternative OSs on pandora and reflashing.

I also cannot fully understand what happened to you.

Ok! I try to re-install ubuntu and the same, "Boot from sdcard" dont appear, and the system, backed to get delete; the nub is dont working... I think this "ubuntu" dont work, i will try debian

On your SD card, rename 'boot.txt' to 'autoboot.txt' and then hopefully the menu should not appear, it'll just boot the card.

Edit: Also, I don't remember Ubuntu being released for Pandora. You are using a Pandora build of these OSes aren't you?

Edit2: Sorry, didn't follow the link in the OP before posting. Mea culpa :(

Last edited:
okey, im trying to install pandian in a sdcard i follow the tutorial in the wiki and dont work for me, anyone can explain how to install pls???? thanks

Well almost all the prepackaged debian releases on the Pandora need a bit of work or broken in someway.

Slackware works alright last I tried it and has the most compatibility with the Pandora hardware, but a lot more work was put into it.

Any way to recover the terminal password commands like "su" or root terminal, whitout reflashing??

sudo with your password
To be explicit, I assume you mean to 'sudo sh' to get an root shell with your password, then 'passwd' to set the root password. That's what I always do if I end up needing a root password.

Or perhaps you just mean to use 'sudo' instead of 'su', which works well for the vast majority of situations.

I am assuming your NAND is fubar and you are trying to recover stuff from it. Write a bit more about your intentions and where you are right now, because I'm guessing. (Y si no logras explicarlo en ingles, pues escribelo en otro idoma... ;) )

Boot from a bootable SD card with Linux or from bootable USB.
For this, start your pandora holding the right shoulder button. But you need to have created a bootable Linux first, like pandebian.(did you manage this already?)

From there, you need to mount the Nand (/dev/ubi0_0 and ubi1_0), which is done, as root, with:

Code:
mkdir /mnt/ubifs ; mount -t ubifs /dev/ubi1_0 /mnt/ubifs

See here for more info about this silly FileSystem type: http://linux-mtd.infradead.org/faq/ubifs.html

then you hopefully have access to them... also you can use dd to copy the data to a file, which you can later mount and disect savely

Code:
dd if=/dev/ubi0_0 of=./root.image

once mounted (if not writeable, try: mount -o remount,rw /mnt/ubifs)
you can then search for the /mnt/ubifs/etc/shadow file, where the root password is located, you can there copy the hashed password. And then use 10 years to bruteforce it to reveal the original root password, or just replace it (from a linux system where you know the password from, for example, the SD card from where you are booting from, just add a user, and change the users password, then look in /etc/shadow for the second field between : that is the encrypted password, which you copy paste into the root entry in /mnt/ubifs/etc/shadow )

edit: fixed typo in mount command

Last edited:
I got flash, but because my uboot menu don´t appear "boot from sdcard" i created a file called autoboot.txt [ setenv bootcmd ’mmc init;fatload mmc 0 0x82000000 boot.scr; source 0x82000000’ ] . but i need some debian programs... pandebian still work nice in 1.7.5??? anyone who have?? can tell me¿?

Well... It is a whole OS. It does not matter what version you pandora OS is. It is not touched at all.
Also, on what base of knowledge is this autoboot file created? Normally you have to just rename boot.txt and not create something.
[doublepost=1476544433,1476543451][/doublepost]
Well almost all the prepackaged debian releases on the Pandora need a bit of work or broken in someway.
Just noting: Bodhi was just a zip file to unpack, voila, instand work :D
In that way i made the best approach yet i guess.

Back