Help Plz!

Richard

Still Fresh
I'm thinking of getting a GP2X but quite a few things i dont understand(im a nooby). I like the sound of the emulator and stuff, but where do you get all the emulated games from? Is it just the archive thing bcas i expected there to be more emulated games :huh: And reading the archive stuff i really dont understand what people are saying :blink:

the games in the archive are not for use with emulators, they are games that run natively on the gp2x.

games for emulators are commonly called roms and its up to you to find them for yourself

An emulator is just a program that can run the game (ROM) files. Don't ask about ROMs on this board (they're not always legal)

ok thx this has cleared some things up 4 me

awesome that means theres ka-zillions of games

Also im gonna need to an ds card and on the thread where it says where to get cheap sd cards most of the stuff is now discontinued it was last updated 2006 :/
So i was wondering if any1 could give me any help on finding a reliable and sd card for my gp2x? :D

Many Spectrum games have been released legally and all that appear on WorldOfSpectrum are allowed to be downloaded, which is brilliant if you're into Spectrum games as there's thousands of them.

For other ROMs, Google is your friend.

BIG! It depends on what you're looking to play. Neo Geo and PSX ROMs are big, Spectrum images, NES and GB ROMs aren't. Are you going to be watching movies? Playing music?

ye music, videos and most emulators

just an estimate on how big a sd card ill need plz ;p

Sir Killingalot said:
ye music, videos and most emulators
just an estimate on how big a sd card ill need plz ;p
That is still up to you. Here are the sizes for my 8 GB SD card with 150MB free

apps (15Mb) - gmu, termula2x,gmenu2x
games (7.7GB)
- freeware - (250Mb,34 games)
- firmware (30Mb,8 games)
- interpreters (1.7GB,50 games) - albion, bor, doom, duke, exult, keen, heretic, hexen (1&2), quake, rott, scumm, zelda
- arcade (4.6GB,1300 games) - FBA, MAME, NeoGeo, CPS2
- others (1.2GB,4000 games) - lynx, intv, sega (gg,sms,gen,CD), MSX, Nintendo (NES,SNES,gb,gbc), Amiga, NEC, ngpocket, C64

So, as you can see, 8Gb is stretching it for my wants. You could probably do with 2-4Gb. I have more SDs for Music and Videos so I swap back and forth.

What this means for you is to just get a size and figure it out. SD cards are cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok 1 last question there arent any new versions of the gp2x are there? i would hate to get a f200 then a f300 xD to come out

Back