Help needed plz

buffy27a

Still Fresh
Hi all,

Can anyone give me a URL where I can buy an psu/adaptor for the Gamepark 32?
I bought a multi adaptor today, but the 4 plugs on the adaptor dont fit the gp32 :(
Has anyone bought one? If so where from? plz help.

I live in the UK, so it needs to work on uk electric.

Thanks in advance,

Buffy

I live in germany and I might want a PSU, but I have one question, are the plug shapes the same in england and germany (I'm almost sure the voltages are...)

The voltages are the same - 240volts at 50Hz.

When I'm not roaming with my GP32 (eg. transferring, or trying out new stuff at my PC) I use a Hama Power Supply Card (the german is Stromversorgungskarte) from Maplin. It screws into the place of one of your empty expansion slots (it doesn't touch the motherboard at all) on your PC, and you plug in one of your drive connectors via a splitter. It offers two outputs (as drives run on 12V and 5V). The 5V line is piped straight out the back of your case, and is next to useless. But the 12V line has a jumper set for it and can vary from 3 to 12V.
It comes with eight different power connectors. The smallest of which (and the most useful in this case :D ) is 0.75x2.4mm. This is the size of adapter you're after.

In the living room, our server powers our network switch at 7.5V. In my bedroom my rig powers my GP32 at 3V. I've cabletied the GP power line to the GP usb cable so I never lose them amongst the cabling hell that is the back of my case (imagine video in and out, mobile phone cables, networking, audio in and out). Bliss! :D

Of course this isn't much use for playing in the living room, but I've got a PS2, video, telly, and stereo there, so entertainment isn't excatly restricted!

Can anyone give me a URL where I can buy an psu/adaptor for the Gamepark 32?
I bought a multi adaptor today, but the 4 plugs on the adaptor dont fit the gp32

Yeah i brought an adapter like that what u need to do if buy another plug for the adapter (the plugs are universal for adapters just 2 pins intot he cable) for the gp32 its the same plug thats used in sony minidisc so search for the plug for sony minidisc or go to a electronic store and take the gp32 with ua nd try the plugs if it fits thats it :)

Also im using a multioutput adapter which lets 3v @ 500mA out they reccoment 300mA for the gp32 but people have had 1000mA but i woudlnt trust that

So just go to a electronics store and find the plug for the gp32 :)

:ph34r:

Back