Help Me :(

danny404

Still Fresh
Ok, I just got my GP2X today, and to put it straight I don't know how to do anything :huh: I tried downloading guyfakes guide but I'm not able to access it for some reason. SO how do you download files to your GP2X?

When I connect it to the computer, it regonizes the device is there but how do I make a file for it or anything?lol any help at all appreciated :)

danny404 posted on Feb 16 2006 at 03:28 PM said:
Ok, I just got my GP2X today, and to put it straight I don't know how to do anything :huh: I tried downloading guyfakes guide but I'm not able to access it for some reason. SO how do you download files to your GP2X?

When I connect it to the computer, it regonizes the device is there but how do I make a file for it or anything?lol any help at all appreciated :)

If you're lucky, check my computer when you connect the GP2X to the computer and go to USB mode from the settings. If a drive appears when you turn on USB mode, just copy files into the drive.

If the computer does not recognize it, you may have to buy a card reader.

However, for each program, MAKE SURE YOU READ THE README so that you can install it correctly.

Edit: Oh yeah, do you have an SD card? You need one...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol yeah I have a sd card. Errr where do you get the settings on my computer? Lol im a real noob :p

Oh yeah thats fine and all,just when you're downloading, say, an emulator where do you put it? Theres no file or anything like that :S

Ok I was able to see guyfakes guide, but it still didn't help me. It says when you connect the GP2X to the computer with the USb it should come up on 'my computer' but nothing does. Any ideas?

Lol yeah sorry I didn't have a cllue what you were saying :p Thanks for the help, I'll just buy a SD card reader tommorow and that will hopefully finish this once and for all :D

USB 1.x ports seem to work OK for most people, but that doesn't help if yours are 2.0 ;)

A card reader's just easier, and they're really cheap.

Back