Help -- App that can transfer files from mac > Iphone

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
Im trying to transfer files from my macbook pro to the iphone and was wandering if anyone could recommend an app which will allow me to:

see the file system on the iphone when its plugged into my macbook via the 32 pin to usb connector. And also allow me to move files from the mac to a directory on the iphone?

Did you check the widgets from your dashboard?

There should be some apps for this there?

cheers.

Last edited:
Did you check the widgets from your dashboard?

There should be some apps for this there?

cheers.

No theres no app on the dashboard which does this. Its one of those Apple closed technology things. In the end I found an app called Iexplorer which lets you view your iphone as if it were a usb drive.

if its jailbroken you can use ssh. on linux fuse lets you see some of the iphone file system when its plugged in. something similar on mac must exist?

I think the 'Iexplorer' program is just such a Mac app that vcoleiro has found.

On Windows there's also 'iFunBox' which works with jailbroken phones to see the iOS file system like a USB drive and avoid the ssh business for the less savvy (like me). Its free aswell.

Yes, Iexplorer did the trick.

I wanted to load some of the legally free mame roms up on my ipod touch. After I found and installed iexplorer I couldt get any of the decent legally free rom's to work, particularly looping which I cant seem to find a .37b5 version of, which I presume is whats needed to work with the mame4all version on the ipod touch.

So in the end, after all that effort, I managed to get the roms over, but couldnt get them to work because I believe they are the wrong version roms. Then I spent 2 days looking for .37b5 rom versions only to fail once again. Ohh dear.

Basically I made a micro cab where you put your ipod touch/iphone/android phone into. The controls connect via bluetooth (hacked wiimote). Its all working and I was wanting to make a video of it to put up on Youtube. To do this I wanted to demo legal rom's playing on it. So this is a real pain in the ass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back