Release HelloWorld GLES, Can someone test this please ?

EDIT: Thanks to everyone who tested this.

----

I made a small XWindows+GLES cross-compilation test as I don't have my Pandora yet.

(getting by with BeagleBoard @720Mhz 800x480 + Logitech RumblePad2 for now)

If someone would be so kind as to test these executables on their Pandora and post a screen shot with the executable's output from the terminal I'd really appreciate it.

http://rv6502.com/packages/hello_gles/hello_gles.tar.bz2

gles2.0.png

gles1.1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I tested it, pandora works, pandora_es2 dosnt, yields segmentation error, I dont know how to take screenshots.

what, how come your es2 ones work but not on mine? Also, that was some fast replys... :)

great!

thanks a lot everyone

@mjohansson: that is strange, but I did have to reboot the beagleboard after running ~30 times, the video driver would crash on application start, it happens quicker if the window gets resized as the EGL surface gets re-created when resizing.

I was able leave the tests running for over an hour without any problem, its only starting the app many times/resizing that would eventually make it fail.

thanks, its probably the same issue I have here, may or may not be my fault :p I'll keep an eye out for that bug.

I tested it, pandora works, pandora_es2 dosnt, yields segmentation error, I dont know how to take screenshots.

what, how come your es2 ones work but not on mine? Also, that was some fast replys... :)
I don't know why exactly, it could be the video driver issue I mentioned, if you could try rebooting and see if that makes it work ?

I think the video driver has a small memory leak or a Video RAM fragmentation issue that I could be exacerbating.

or I might have a bug in there,

I just implemented the OpenGL ES 2.0 support about 6 hours ago so I didn't have time to test that much yet

(don't have a Pandora anyway ;)

don't worry about the screenshots, got plenty already :D

really happy to see that it runs (at least on the other guys' machines ;) )

I just tried it out on my BeagleBoard-xM, the executables beginning with "beagle_board" complained about my library version. However, the ones prefixed with "pandora" worked fine. Just thought you'd like to know.

Back