Headphone Jack

Got the same problem, asked gbax about it, think it was deb or jaq, anyway, they told me to return it for a new one...

Mines got the same problem, I emailed GBAX last week but got no reply so far. :( Im just going to solder it myself, Ive already glued the headphone jack in place so its just a matter of getting the contacts in working order.

I must say this and the firmware problems Ive had have put a big downer on the whole GP2X thing for me though.

Hey all
  today i decided to use my headphones with my GP2X and as stated everywhere you have to push the jack into the socket really hard so that all the sound comes from the headphones. I pushed it in and suddenly the whole jack came apart and now it is rattling away in my unit :(  :(  :(

If anyone else has done this is it possible to fix the jack?

If not i think its back to Gbax.

Thanks

Question to Craig:
Suppose some of us see this warning and decide to use superglue around the jack before use, so that there is less of a chance of the thing breaking, would that void the warranty?

That is what I will probably do when my unit gets here. One less headache to return, eh?

Edit: Also, I do think everyone here should get themselves a tiny L-to-straight headphone jack extension from Radio Shack, plug it in, and leave it there. It will reduce the wear on the jack, and things like this wont happen ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
Back