Having Problems With Fgen32

Quiest

I like turtles!
Yesterday I was trying the Genesis emu fgen32, but I noticed that only one game I tried was able to play the sound and music: Phantasy Star 4.

All other games I tried are not playing any sound/music. :(

Is this a compatibility problem, or am I doing something wrong?

Is GigaDrive or GenEmu any better? I didn`t try these yet...

Any news on new development on this? I know the dev'r is working on many different emulators, but he should get his current ones very stable and compatible before moving on. Just my thought.

Protoss posted on Sep 21 2004 at 08:29 PM said:
Any news on new development on this? I know the dev'r is working on many different emulators, but he should get his current ones very stable and compatible before moving on. Just my thought.

He's doing the best he can. Right now I believe his priorities lay more on fGEN32 and one other emulator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...Just Wondering. I just hope he doesn't get overwhelmed by all the work, and just quit, cause the emus he has put out there are top notch, can't wait for fNES32 B) :rolleyes:

if you are looking for a nes emulator, get little john 0.4. it's the best emulator for the nes and it's almost perfect. almost every game works, with sound, of course.

fgen32 is still in development but i'm not sure, if a 16bit machine like genesis or snes ever will get sound and full speed.

but be sure, rlyeh is doing his best. he did so many emulators that work perfectly. 16bit emulation is the limit of the gp32.

i'm sure, the day will come, he'll surprise us with new releases of...er...some of his projects he's working on. he's just coding a few emulators :p

try sonic 1, streets of rage 2, alien soldier, ristar, toki, shadow dancer, revenge of shinobi, shinobi3 , toejam, vaportrail, battle mania 2, newmann indyl, pengo, pacattack, gunstar heroes, golden axe 2,3 ,fatal fury 2, beast wrestler, aws pro soccer, dynamyte heddy, todd in slimeworld....

Enough for you or not?? :)

I use FGEN to play Speedball 2, Xenon 2, Sonic & Streets of Rage among others. With the exception of Sonic, the lack of sound doesn't bother me as these games all captivate me anyway, but obviously the sound would really improve them.

There are only a few things I can't seem to play on FGEN which I'd like to, including Desert Strike, Cannon Fodder & Worms but hopefully they will start to work with future releases. FGEN really is a top notch emulator, the increase in speed between the last beta nd the initial release was staggering so I'm hoping for a few more tricks up rlyeh's sleeve yet!

®

Back