What the... Tomak Crashes

Evil_Cartman

I am made of jellay.
Website
Visit site
When i play Tomak, I choose B.A Stylo (sp?) I play my way through LVL. 1, then i come to LVL. 2's Boss. I beat it down till half life, then i get an message like this:

"GP32 BIOS Monitor v0.2 © 2003 Mr.Spiv

Exeption: External on Translation

Registers: CP15 Registers:
r0: 0001000D..." and so on... The same happens with SNES9x?

Oh, and i am using Mr.Spiv's Multifirmware. (if that helps)

I'm not using that BIOS and never saw that crash. Also, the error message kinda tells you where the problem lies. ;) The game just doesn't like Mr.Spiv!

This is the reason why I haven't flashed my BIOS at all yet, because I don't want to lose any compataibility. Sure the original BIOS is annoying but everything will run with it so I just deal with the slow menus etc.

strangely i find that this is a sign that your betteries are about to cease and desist. However that doesnt mean that you ouldnt get another hour or so out of them doing something less strenuous.

Super Plusha also has a problem - it doesn't run when you start it using PacRom.
Since you have Mr. Spivs, just try starting it via the Original Firmware :)

I'm not using that BIOS and never saw that crash. Also, the error message kinda tells you where the problem lies. ;) The game just doesn't like Mr.Spiv!
Just to make some things clear.. When you see that BIOSMON to appear it just means your program died. Without the monitor your GP32 would have rebooted. The BIOSMON is only tied to other system via exception vectors and gets called only in case of errors i.e. it does not patch anything nor prepare itself before actual error takes place. And what comes to crashing FXEs it is possible that PacRom does something, which causes some programs to crash. I have no idea or intention to find it out. But as many ppl have noticed the vanilla manu+free launcher seem to be the best combination <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Back