Have been Waiting Since October for Replacement

zeldarocks

I dispatched my Pandora for replacement on October 28th 2011; I have yet to hear back from the Open Pandora team regarding the replacement. I have sent out various emails over the course of the last four months and have yet to receive even a single reply... I'm at my wits end with this...

I'm at my wits end with this...
Understandable.

There are a couple of known problems here. One is the black hole in which some emails to/from openpandorasales@gmail seem to end up. The other seems to be a lack of spare parts, which should be rectified once production in Germany goes into full swing very soon.

There are a number of people in the same boat, I believe. That doesn't put a Pandora back in your hands, but hopefully it's some reassurance that you're not forgotten. Just waiting, waiting...

That's why I just broke down and spent $25 on spare parts. Granted, it probably would've been covered by warranty, but 1) since when do I use warranties, if they're still valid in the first place, and 2) I hate waiting to get my toys back

Hmm, where did you ship it to?

AFAIK I sent everyone who sent an RMA unit up to December to me a mail about the status...

could at least mention what was wrong with your pandora that you sent it so it makes it easier to figure out why you dont have one back yet. if its just the PToD, there could be trouble. if it needed a whole board replacement, the answer is obvious, there are no boards right now to replace with

I know the waiting is hard, but I wouldn't worry about it. I did also send my pandora in late oktober/early november. I got a mail from Michael 16th dec that he hadn't repaired it yet but that it should be fixed pretty soon. I had a broken lcd cable and missing pad for shoulder button. So no major issue but Michael has had his hands full (to say the least) so I don't blame him for having a lot to catch up to.

Yeah, I've been waiting since September for my PSOD(PTOD to some) to be fixed.. I pm'd him in December to check up on things and he responded to me.. I know Evil Dragon has had a ton of things going on with the migration and what not, why I'm being patient.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent it back so I could get a replacement unit; my nubs were acting up, and the usb port was messing up. I was wondering if evildragon could get in touch with craig on my behalf regarding the replacement, given that I have no idea whether or not the pandy ever made it; I sent it to the united kingdom as per the rma address.

Last edited by a moderator:
if your usb port is acting up(of course this could just be that you tried usb1.1 devices without a hub, but i wont judge), theres a decent chance the board needs replacement, and as said, there are no working boards atm

Back