Haskell And Xmonad On Pandora

df3n5

Still Fresh
Hi,

Haskell seems to be portable to ARM : Porting Haskell to ARM

I use xmonad as the desktop environment on my laptops and desktop and was wondering if there is a chance that it might work on Pandora? I think its dependencies are fairly minimal except for GHC.

df3n5 said:
Hi,

I use xmonad as the desktop environment on my laptops and desktop and was wondering if there is a chance that it might work on Pandora? I think its dependencies are fairly minimal except for GHC.
I don't have a Pandora, so I can't do any development on my own, but it's definitely possible to cross-compile ghc (it uses autotools bootstrapping) and from there you just have to install cabal-install and compile anything (cabal-install is an environment that automatically compiles build dependencies and installs Haskell packages). Just see the Haskell wiki for more info; it's really quick and easy.

(Once you have cabal-install, you can do "sudo cabal install xmonad", it's that easy. xmonad hackage entry + cabal/leksah package)

Or just hunt down Debian ARM packages and try installing those, if you feel adventurous.

Last edited by a moderator:
dflemstr said:
df3n5 said:
Hi,

I don't have a Pandora, so I can't do any development on my own, but it's definitely possible to cross-compile ghc (it uses autotools bootstrapping) and from there you just have to install cabal-install and compile anything (cabal-install is an environment that automatically compiles build dependencies and installs Haskell packages). Just see the Haskell wiki for more info; it's really quick and easy.

(Once you have cabal-install, you can do "sudo cabal install xmonad", it's that easy. xmonad hackage entry + cabal/leksah package)

Or just hunt down Debian ARM packages and try installing those, if you feel adventurous.

Sounds promising, I'll have to check it out once I get my hands on a Pandora.

df3n5 said:
Hi,

xmonad would be beautiful on the pandora.

Back