Has Anyone Tired

tuomoz

Still Fresh
Hi, I was just wondering if it would be possible to mod an usb port to my tv-out cable. If it´s possible could someone tell me the easyiest way to do it. Thanks for your help in advance! :)

He is asking if you can mod the TV-out cable to add a USB connection. In other words...can you get a USB connection from the EXT port on the bottom of the GP2X?

This probably isn't possible and not even useful. You can already use the USB connector on the side of the unit. Unless you need two USB's...then you should jsut get a hub instead.

He's saying he has an ext connector with the svideo out. I don't know if it has enough pins, but otherwise, yeah.

you need at least 3 pins extra, 4 preferably. Also depends on what you want to attach, like if you need to mod a power supply or just use the gp2x power supply.

ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.

i guess the easiest thing to do is get the dev breakout box. sorta pricey though. but like mth411 said, the tv-out cable doesn't have all the pins in there, just the ones it needs. so you'd have to somehow get some more pins in there. seems like more trouble than it's worth...at the very least it'd be extremely delicate work.

as far as i know its impossible to use the TV-OUT cable for this as it doesnt have enough pins inside the plug for the usb connections, getting another plug should be ok (like the mobile phone ones) but the tv out doesn't have enough (at least mine doesn't)

Is that really so that it doesn´t have enough pins? I openned mine and there was many unused pins.

This might be what you are talking about:http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=34309&st=0&#entry488496

This mod could be modified (mod a mod??) to include the TV-out cable as long as it has all the pins (as LordFu says in post #3). I dont know if anyone has successfully done this though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back