Has Anyone Managed To Finish Ffvii On A Wiz?

Crazyteknohed

Hi all.

I have been playing though FF7 via PCSX Rearmed r18 and it has been fine for 9 or so hours. However, now I am experiencing reboots during some battles and it's breaking the game for me. An example would be the snake in the river (yes, I know I am too weak atm to defeat it - I am just using it as an example): whenever I try to fight it and use a fire attack with Red XIII it will ALWAYS crash.

Due to the frequent nature of these crashes I cannot just disable dynarec to get through these parts. In fact, I am sure the game still crashed even when I disabled it. I have tried all sorts of options and plugins, different BIOSes (SCPH1001, SCPH7502 & HLE), different clock speeds, different versions of PCSX (r13 & r18), different ISOs (all US versions, mind) but to no avail.

So has anyone actually finished the game or have people only played throught the first few hours in Midgar? If so, any tips?

Thanks.

I have only played final fantasy  8 for about 25 hours with no problems so far on my wiz...
Now is ff7 playable on the old emulator PCX4ALL? you could try that to get you through the sticky parts?

It seems okay on PCSX4All if a little sluggish, but I don't think the memory card files are cross compatible?

Okay, so the mem card save did work with PCSX4All and I did manage to play a little further. However, PCSX4All seems to break when using summons so it's not much better that PCSX Rearmed.

I guess I just have to face the fact that FF7 cannot reliably be played on the Wiz :(

if you want you can upload your saves somewhere and i can try to see if  i experience the same problems.

Back