Has Anyone Got The Newer Xvid Builds To Work?

jegHegy

Now on LSD!
Website
jeghegy.deviantart.com
i remember someone mentioning that they have, but i couldn't find any more info on the settings anywhere. so far i've tried changing fourcc to divx, and doing single pass encodes instead of two pass. the best i could achieve was a crash to spiv's bios monitor with any 2pass encode, and garbled video with single pass encodes (audio played fine). suggestions are much welcome.

GP Cinema only supports one build of the Xvid codec. Moviepark was what people were talking about when they said it could run all Xvids.

no, someone said he was able to get a newer xvid build working with gpcinema, i just never got what settings he used. i was just hoping someone else figured out or something.

Hmm... I wonder if it would be worth contacting the xVid guys and asking if they could include an option for "GP32 Compatibility" in encoding, which basically disabled all the stuff after Koepi's build and made a newer codec behave precisely as it does?

Then it'd be fairly obvious how to get xvid to work and people wouldn't have problems with it all the time :)

This is definitely worth pursuing - in a previous post somewhere, mr.mirko said that you could get Divx 5.x to work with GPCinema by disabling b-frames - I tried it but couldn't get it to work. What is it that makes GPcinema so fussy ?

I tried using 5.x to make a movie using the Disable B Frames that Mirko discussed. I had video but for some reason the audio was messed up beyond all belief. Used Xvid to encode it and bang flawless Family Guy - Mortal Kombat AMV. Because I always have trouble with GPCinema and have to encode things many times(usually 4 times to get them looking nice) I bought a GBA Movie Player and that works really well except for the low resolution. If only GPCinema could be refined and made to support more codecs and also had a utility distributed with it to encode videos that work in it. If I wasn't horrible at coding Id give it a try myself.

Back