Harddrive Isn't Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

finty

what is this
Website
Visit site
When I cinnect my PS2 HDAdvance hard drive to my computer it won't show up in My Computer, is there anything I need to do to get it to show up?

I have formatted the HD with HDAdvance, and installed it in a free drive bay. I think I have set it to slave, but I'm not sure, I just took the little plastic thing off the contacts at the front. It was on the second one over.

EDIT: I think it might be due to the fact that I have 1 HD already installed with 2 partitions, could this be the problem?

Thats just it though, I don't nkow how to put it into slave mode, And my computer only has 2 slots, so I'm guessing it is in the slave slot.

Right; on the disk there are these things called jumpers; are these on the right prongs? Google if you dont know where to put them, that usually helps. Next you gotta get it onto your IDE cable, your master drive will be on the end of the cable, you can put your slave on the next slot down (towards the board). Im assuming this is correct; works for me, my computing lessons where a long time ago.

It says on the HD No Jumper = DS(SLAVE). Are the jumpers the things between the power cable and theIDE connecter? Cause I took a plastic yoke off two of them. Oh and what red line? I can't see any.

Jumpers are the little things that go over the prongs (on the disk I have infront of me for example they are inbetween the power and the ide slot, it looks like :::.: on my maxtor disk, will probably be different on yours). The IDE cable will have a red line down one of the sides (should do anyways); this should face towards the power cord.

Theres no red line, but there is like a little nick out of the disc, and a thing on the IDE cable that slots into it, probably to make sure it goes in the right way, I hooked it up again and still no luck. My jumpers are like this ::::. with no plastic sleeve on them. I will check it in the PS2, and see if it works.

EDIT: Would formating it in Master mode in the PS2 stop it from being recognized in slave mode on the PC?

EDIT2: Ps2 didn't even recognize it without the jumpers. Oh and mine are actually the same as yours, also when I take the jumpers off, then put the them back on I have to reformat the HD in the PC.

683fbe14.jpg

The jumper guide. I am right in having none on, arn't I?

well then you need no jumpers to put t in slave

and you only need one IDE cable for 2 HD's on it I think it should have one inthe middle and you hoock the slave drive up to that one...

I have tried it with no jumpers, it isn't recognized by the PS2 or the PC, and ends up in me having to reformat in Master mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back