Handygp2x Woes

benny32

Still Fresh
Hi guys,

Firmware 2.00

I cant get handygp2x to launch roms. I've tried ver c and g just to make sure. I have lynxboot in the proper place. I even checked out a youtube vid of the filestructure for the emulator and cant get it to launch a rom.

I get a black screen after selecting a rom from the menu. Anyone know how to get this thing running? :huh:

Have you read the 'readme'? I can't remember whats in it, but it might have something you're missing. Also, see if you can find another version of the lynxboot rom - yours might not be valid.

I would try a re-install and another lynxboot.img.

It might be something as simple as your using lower case for the boot img and it should be upper case, can't remember which one it is suposed to be, but it will be in the readme.

I hope you get it running because it is the best portable lynx emulator around, other that carrying a lynx and half a ton of aa's of course!

Good luck :)

I got it working!

I figured out the problem. Someone on the download page said you could use the lynxboot file from the official handy pc emulator zip download. This is not true. I found out from google that the lynxboot file provided with handy pc emulator is a dummy file.

I'm having a blast playing Chips Challenge, Zarlors Mercenery, Xybots, Roadblasters and Toki. Deffinately worth putting on your GP2X :)

Thanks again.

Back