Atari Lynx & Atari St

Solstar

i have some troubles with those two emus...for the handygp2x,it doesn't recognize my roms(either zipped or unzipped)no matter where i put them.the previous versions read them but didn't run them.for the atari st,it recognize the rom but when i try to run it...nothig happens.it just shiws that sort of desktop.the i choose to insert the image into one of the two hard drives,but when i open them,they're empty.... :huh:

For OutcaST - you may be using incompatible floppy images, try some of the menu disks (Automation, D-Bug, Pompey Pirates, Medway Boys...). Sometimes they also drop you onto the desktop, but you then need to manually open the floppy and run the game from there.

No idea about Handygp2x, it runs fine for me. Be sure to have the roms in the right folder and have LYNXBOOT.IMG there as well.

ok for atari lynux,i solved it.i still have troubles with atari st.i have "Black Tiger.st"that didn't work.now i renamed it "black tiger"(all lowercase)and it works.then i tried another world,i renamed it but i didn't worked either.maybe because its extension is .stx and not .st?

Solstar posted on Mar 4 2006 at 08:00 PM said:
ok for atari lynux,i solved it.i still have troubles with atari st.i have "Black Tiger.st"that didn't work.now i renamed it "black tiger"(all lowercase)and it works.then i tried another world,i renamed it but i didn't worked either.maybe because its extension is .stx and not .st?

STX files are Pasti originals, which as far as I know, are not supported by OutcaST - you should be looking for .st and .msa files, which are supported. As recommended above, these are usually found in the form of menu disks.

If you haven't got it as on a menu, a good place to look is the automation list and see if you can find it there. Failing that, I recommend the steem links page :)

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: thanks for the links!! :lol:

however,yes the .stx files are not supported,but strangely,they appear on the menu as they were normal .st files...

but what's the difference?did the .stx were improved(faster) versions of .st files?

afaik STX are dumps of original games therefore containing the copy protection intact. A much more complex format to emulate. Stick with ST and MSA and you should be fine.

Back