'Handbrake' dvd prog.Nav packet error?

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
When i try to rip my dvd by selecting it in 'source' it keeps scanning forever and the activity window says ERROR: dvdnav: Read Error, Error reading NAV packet.

ERROR: Last error repeated 5 times

ERROR: dvdnav: Read Error, Error reading NAV packet.

Scanning title 1 of 2...

Scanning title 1 of 2...

Scanning title 1 of 2...

Scanning title 1 of 2...

Scanning title 1 of 2...

I have tried several dvds .I deleted and downloaded handbrake again and i restarted my computer but no luck.I have recently downloaded 'nero' and Everio a program that came with my new camcorder.Could these be causing a problem.

Moved to Offtopic. This isn't, as far as I can tell, a Pandora support question.

Sounds like Handbrake can't cope with the encryption/obfuscation on your DVD. Unless you get this with every DVD.

Handbrake scares me to death, it's a complicated thing and it has an ugly icon. :) I used to (batch) convert video with mencoder, but I don't use DVDs much because of ads they put there and this absurd 'this region only' thing and such.

You might try this guide to rip DVDs with VLC: http://www.wikihow.c...p-DVDs-with-VLC

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand... is this Pandora related?
Well im making a few videos about the pandora to put on the forums and youtube.Wanted to show a film playing on the pandora via panplayer.

Handbrake scares me to death, it's a complicated thing and it has an ugly icon. :) I used to (batch) convert video with mencoder, but I don't use DVDs much because of ads they put there and this absurd 'this region only' thing and such.

You might try this guide to rip DVDs with VLC: http://www.wikihow.c...p-DVDs-with-VLC
Thanks.

Moved to Offtopic. This isn't, as far as I can tell, a Pandora support question.

Sounds like Handbrake can't cope with the encryption/obfuscation on your DVD. Unless you get this with every DVD.
Well there is a handbrake tutorial in the tips and tweak thread so i thought id ask as that old thread didnt help.Thanks

Well handbrake doesn't run on Pandora, it runs on your desktop, where the OS might be anything from W7 to yet another Ubuntu ripoff, so we don't know your hardware's specs nor Handbrake and underlying utilities versions, so there's not too much we can do here. If you use Linux, ask at your distro's forum, it will take less time to solve the problem. If you use Windows or Mac, there must be some place for such questions, too, and they could help you faster.

Did the VLC trick work for you? For Windows/Mac you can download the installer at VLC official website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well handbrake doesn't run on Pandora, it runs on your desktop, where the OS might be anything from W7 to yet another Ubuntu ripoff, so we don't know your hardware's specs nor Handbrake and underlying utilities versions, so there's not too much we can do here. If you use Linux, ask at your distro's forum, it will take less time to solve the problem. If you use Windows or Mac, there must be some place for such questions, too, and they could help you faster.

Did the VLC trick work for you? For Windows/Mac you can download the installer at VLC official website.
Actually i fluked upon too great simple to use programs called anydvd and myclone dvd.It sorted everything in no time.

Back