Which is best?

• Doom 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Half-Life 2

• Halo 2

• Total voters

Warcraft 3 is indeed excellent, I'm just trying to finish the last mission here. Do stupid stuff like position your heroes at the front of the human base instead of inside it and you'll die within seconds :(

EDIT:
Next time I'll know better than to bother writing a reply if Huxley's going to ignore it.

Sorry, I just missed it. No need to get in a huff! :huh:

So basically, because it's a good game you'll lay down and take anything Valve penetrates you with. Good consumer judgement there, pal.

I'd say the good consumer judgement is the part where I bought one of the best games ever. If I boycotted HL2 just because of Steam that would just be silly now, wouldn't it?

You make some fair points. I'm not pretending that Steam is a perfect system but in the end I just don't care. I bought the game, I installed it, I played it, I enjoyed it. I didn't worry about the moral/ethical implications of installing Steam. Is that so hard to understand?

That is understandable, but then again, I won't be so happy when more publishers sign up and I have to use Steam for lots of games. I recently discovered another limitation; all games have to be installed to one drive. When you have one drive with only a gig or so left you might want to install a game on another drive, but Steam won't let you do that.

Yeah, there are certainly a lot of bugs/problems with Steam that need sorting out. But Valve have already made improvements so I'm hopefull.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised to see other publishers release their own alternative to Steam sometime in the future. But hopefully they can all agree on a unified system, however unlikely. Having like ten of these things on your OS is just asking for trouble...

Huxley posted on Dec 16 2004 at 01:12 PM said:
You make some fair points. I'm not pretending that Steam is a perfect system but in the end I just don't care. I bought the game, I installed it, I played it, I enjoyed it. I didn't worry about the moral/ethical implications of installing Steam. Is that so hard to understand?

Moral /ethical implications??? Nobody´s talking about them. It´s just that it takes 4 minutes only to load steam, and i have to be online, because /$&%*' offline mode doesn´t work. That just sucks, do you understand me ???

Last edited by a moderator:
Huxley posted on Dec 14 2004 at 10:44 AM said:
Just a quick question: has anyone had framerate issues with Nvidia cards? I'm talking stuttering every few second here, really unplayable. My machine is a 2.4 P4, 128Mb Geforce 4 and 512Mb RAM. I'd blame it on my lack of RAM but the stuttering is at such a regular pace it really doesn't make any sense.
The alpha ran on my 512mb, 1.8ghz Athlon, 64mb Gf4 Ti quite nicely. Unless you have GF4 max (don't think a 128mb version exists) the bug is probably the rather common stuttering bug. Do a search for 'half life 2 stuttering bug' or similar and you'll get a lot of info, although Steam upgrades should have fixed it a while ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back