Half Life 2 Leak (old One)

Twimfy

OMG 3 years here!
Website
www.stctg.co.uk
I've seen the Half life 2 alpha up on various torrent sites for quite some time now, what I was wondering was, how playable are they and what it in them? Is it worth leaving the computer on overnight for?

Personally I think it'll spoil your enjoyment of the final game, and is best left alone. Also glitches abound and the 'hyper-realistic AI' is scripted in this build. If you want to waste your time, though, go ahead.

Twimfy posted on Aug 15 2004 at 07:05 PM said:
spray posted on Aug 15 2004 at 08:02 PM said:
is there any decent reason not to leave it on over night?!?
Yes I could devote my bandwith to something else such as 3 dreamcast games.
but then you would still have to leave the computer on overnight.

I know, I know, I'm a pedantic bastard..... ;)

also, wait for the full game.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's mostly a techdemo really, you will find it interesting, maybe disapointing but I don't think it will spoil the final game.

It's out soon anyway, if you haven't downloaded it already then you might as well wait that bit longer.

Well I might as well wait, I have it on pre order, I was just curious thats all.

As fdr my spec, A 1.4Ghz Thunderbird 384Mb PC133 SDram and a Geforce 4MX 400, despite sub standard spec that is more than enough to tackle most modern games, Unreal 2 ran like a dream on high detail.

HL2 will not run on that, Doom III probably wont run on that either (or not very well) For HL2 your gonna need like atleast a 1.8 ghz processor 512 megs of ram and probably a 9600 pro. You can try to run it but the chances are it wont start up at all or it will run very poorly.

pubjoe posted on Aug 15 2004 at 09:57 PM said:
It's mostly a techdemo really, you will find it interesting, maybe disapointing but I don't think it will spoil the final game.
You might want to try more of the maps before saying that. Many of them include cutscenes from later parts of the stories, and some plot spoilers.

HL2 should run on a 700MHz, but I guess it runs really slow.
(As it should run on a x-box)

I think HL2 can use different kind of graphic levels, and high just uses the more cpu (and gpu).
With a 1GHz you might run it a bit and bigger chance if you have a 9800pro...

But HL2 (I checked) is a bit big, so I think its a waste of bandwith.
Not if you REALLY love HL2 and want to see buggy shit.

Well doom 3 runs fine at medium detail 800 x 600, I'm very picky with my pc performance and although I realise that my system is certainly begining to show its age on paper it amazingly out performs it's specs, it had no problem with far cry what so ever and I'm coping with Doom 3 with only slow down in the more crowded sections.

Of course I'm not getting as much detail as I would like but meh.

Oh and I hate Halo and the PC version is a disgrace.

TeDaDeS posted on Aug 15 2004 at 10:21 PM said:
HL2 should run on a 700MHz, but I guess it runs really slow.
(As it should run on a x-box)

I think HL2 can use different kind of graphic levels, and high just uses the more cpu (and gpu).
With a 1GHz you might run it a bit and bigger chance if you have a 9800pro...

But HL2 (I checked) is a bit big, so I think its a waste of bandwith.
Not if you REALLY love HL2 and want to see buggy shit.
Well the Xbox version is made exactly for that hardware, its will be a downed version of the PC one.

Its quite good fun.

Picking people / things up and throwing them around with that funny laser gun thing kicks ass :p

Also Driving that Cool Buggy around and running people over kicks ass :D

The Final Release will be much better

Back