Hahotec, Backlights and Boredom...

Goatboy

Still Fresh
Okay, well I for one am bored with waiting for a FLU kit to appear, so I went to Hahotech.com and of course couldn't find any info there, either. So I used babel fish to translate the pages, to gain a deeper insight...

Translated Hahotech

However, I got the best entertainment by the fabulous translation mistakes:

eg
Game it ties Oh everybody!
Order and the boat song confirmation
It gives, it wishes,!

and my favourite:
Me ci non it does not listen to suddenly in the blood and the bedspread which comes.

I don't know about anyone else, but I for one don't want to install a FLU and then find blood on MY bedspread in the morning!

Ade.

If you want an FLU (which will prolly be a nightmare to install atm, since designed for Gamepark as opposed to end-users) you can email them... Should cost ~$30 + shipping :)

Some time ago... I've uploaded both the email I sent and the email I got back to gp32emu.com

Summarised, says you can get one for $30 if you pay shipping (which they expect to be quite high) - BUT it isn't designed for end-users at all; so quite possibly you'll need soldering knowledge and similar.

I tried after reading the most recent GP32 review on Rerogames.com (I think) which mentioned that the author had done just that having received a faulty FLU GP32 - although thankfully for him, he didn't have to take them up on their offer as Playasia (I think it was them at least) swapped it for another one.

Still looked like it was worth looking into. It also says they'd replace it themselves for $50 + shipping, but then you've got to send the unit over there in the first place. Whether that service is available for non-FLU users like myself, I didn't ask; by the tmie you've paid all the shippings, taxes, customs stuff, and everything else, you might as well have bought a new GP32 if you go down that route...

Anyway, my post is Here. Someone's thinking of getting one at the end of it, btw - asking for people to order as a group to see if its possible cheaper :)

I have e-mailed Hahotech twice regarding paying for the 30 dollar kit and both times noone replied.

Darn... Perhaps I just got lucky when I did it. Or maybe they were thinking one or two packs but nothing at all mainstream. Oh well...

Back