Smc Labels And Plastic Bonding Paint At The Uk

Apeiron

I'm Trying to costumize my gp32 and SMC's to be special to me. Also with a Flu I am buying I will be using it as a gift after I do a paint job.
I've Search Google and the forums and it's either forgien or buisness package (lots of ££)
I know the labels must be 25mm x 33mm but can not find any thing available to the uk near this size ( within 3mm for both). I am hoping to get an a4 sheet of labels to use a programme and print them off in one go. I want about 10 sheets then for spares and new smcs or bad prints.
Also I know I am looking for Fixibond paint or Krylon paint that bonds to the plastic of the gp32 case but have been un able to find anything by the single can available to the uk.

I would love some help If anyone in the UK have done these things or has seen these products available somewhere.

Apeiron posted on Dec 29 2004 at 02:12 AM said:
I'm Trying to costumize my gp32 and SMC's to be special to me. Also with a Flu I am buying I will be using it as a gift after I do a paint job.
I've Search Google and the forums and it's either forgien or buisness package (lots of ££)
I know the labels must be 25mm x 33mm but can not find any thing available to the uk near this size ( within 3mm for both). I am hoping to get an a4 sheet of labels to use a programme and print them off in one go. I want about 10 sheets then for spares and new smcs or bad prints.
Also I know I am looking for Fixibond paint or Krylon paint that bonds to the plastic of the gp32 case but have been un able to find anything by the single can available to the uk.

I would love some help If anyone in the UK have done these things or has seen these products available somewhere.

Maybe you can use these:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=16504

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he means a sheet of blank stickers made for SMC's, that you can print on.

What I would do is buy a sheet of labels that individually are just a little too big. Then I would design the right shaped outline in The Gimp. That would be a template. Then I'd put my logo on the template (BTW, nice logos DaveC), and print it out, then carefully cut it out.

For the paint, I'd look at Krylon Fusions.
I'm no painting professional though :lol:

Blah posted on Dec 29 2004 at 05:42 AM said:
I think he means a sheet of blank stickers made for SMC's, that you can print on.

What I would do is buy a sheet of labels that individually are just a little too big. Then I would design the right shaped outline in The Gimp. That would be a template. Then I'd put my logo on the template (BTW, nice logos DaveC), and print it out, then carefully cut it out.

For the paint, I'd look at Krylon Fusions.
I'm no painting professional though  :lol:

The labels in my file are already to a good size. They are designed so that you can put them on just above the write protect circle and far enough from the edge so that your finger nail doesn't scrape them off when pulling out the card. They are to scale you just need to print out actual size. You can arrange them on a grid that would print out on each individual label.

Me I just copied these labels many times so that I had a bunch on a regular sheet of paper. Then I printed them on a laser printer. Then I took that paper and laminated it using a laminate that has sticky back already on it. I then cut out by following the black outline and I had perfect labels. You know that you can move those logos around any way you want and scale them up or down to suit the setup of your SMC. That is the nice thing about structured drawing and CAD.

Blah posted on Dec 29 2004 at 06:12 AM said:
Yes, but he can't find SMC shaped labels to print on.

Don't really need it. You can cut to size. It is actually not good to have them wrap around the top either. They always come up and get stuck on things.

WOW, be VERY carefull if its a FLU you are taking apart to spray..

Im guessing you have a 98% chance of marking / damaging the FLU screen
Im guessing you have a 100% chance of covering the light distributer with dust :p

Thanks, But I'm asking if any knows where I can get the paint?
I'll check out all the pc shops after chrismas if I can get to them.

Cheers for all the advice

ok, goto Wilkinsons and buy a tin of Plasti-Kote spray.. costs £2.19

I don't know how good it would be but you can get cans of paint called "plasticoat" (spelling might be wrong) and they work well on a lot of surfaces. I'd test it out on something else made of similar material first, just in case.
Otherwise I can only suggest that you do a UK search for people who have painted their pc cases and see what paint they used for that.

edit: snap!

I can't believe it, my local car shop now supplies plastic bond spray paint, I went a couple of months back and asked and they blutly answer no.
I'll buy a can of the primer and test it on something first, make sure it's not too solventy and melts my gp32...
Still no luck with the labels but I'll probally give up and buy a pack of any sized labels depending on that I'll have alot of waste or print more then one to a sticker and cut them out.

Back